.NET 1.1 vs 2.0

Brad White

We have a ASP.NET/c# 1.1 app that works great on most machines.
On one machine it was mysteriously failing.

Uninstalled .NET 2.0 and it started working.
Install .NET 2.0 and it fails again.
No error messages, just fails to respond.

Any clues where to start looking?

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

When you install 2.0, check and see if your app is upgraded. If so, you have
options.

1. Flip all apps to 1.1 by running aspnet_regiis /i from the 1.1 framework
directory
2. Create two app pools, one 1.1 and another 2.0 and set the app in question
to 1.1

Want to check it. Open IIS Manager to the app and check what the app is
bound to. If 2.0, there's your trouble. :)

I am certain that is your issue as it is default behavior to repurpose the
IIS instance to 2.0. It is easy enough to set back and a quick MSDN search
will show you a method to set individual apps to one framework using the /s
switch in aspnet_regiis.

--
Gregory A. Beamer

Think Outside the Box!