Execution order

DarkBlue

Here is some code from a pyqt4.5.4 application on python 2.6

def findData(self):

self.ui.label.setText('Processing... ')

# here we do something which takes a few seconds
self.refreshGrid()

The problem is that the text in the self.ui.label is only changed
on screen after the self.refreshGrid() has finished executing
rather than before.

How do I achieve the expected result ?

Thanks
Db

Diez B. Roggisch

DarkBlue said:
Here is some code from a pyqt4.5.4 application on python 2.6

def findData(self):

self.ui.label.setText('Processing... ')

# here we do something which takes a few seconds
self.refreshGrid()

The problem is that the text in the self.ui.label is only changed
on screen after the self.refreshGrid() has finished executing
rather than before.

How do I achieve the expected result ?

You can make Qt process all pending events once, via
QCoreApplication.processEvents.

This should trigger the redraw.

Diez