Export to excel a server side control

Doogie

Hi,

I am sure this is a very "newbie" question, but I need to export data
from a web page to Excel. However the control is built inside HTML
and I can't figure out how to get ahold of it. When the data is first
gotten from the database, it is put into a HtmlGenericControl object
(using the InnerHTML property. But right after that, it appears that
InnerHTML property loses the value. So I can't grab it with that
object.

I know I'm missing something and maybe there's more information you
need to give me any suggestions but if someone has an idea as to what
I should look for, that would be great.

Doogie

Actually it is not a server side control and that is why I cannot grab
it. If someone could show me a way to get it without it being a
server side control that would be great. If I switch it to be a
server side control, the grid shows up different (colors are off,
spacing seems different) and so would not want to do that.