Export Web Service to Interface?

Lucas Tam

Hello,

I am in the process of developing a web service - at the moment, it is not
ready for development usage.

However, the methods are defined.

Is there a way to export the definitions to some sort of interface for
other developers to use in the meanwhile? (Note I don't have a web server
at the moment to upload the WS to... so it'll have to be a file?).

Lucas Tam

Hello,

I am in the process of developing a web service - at the moment, it is
not ready for development usage.

However, the methods are defined.

Is there a way to export the definitions to some sort of interface for
other developers to use in the meanwhile? (Note I don't have a web
server at the moment to upload the WS to... so it'll have to be a
file?).

Is a WSDL file what I'm looking for? Is there a way to export a WSDL file
from VS.NET?

Thanks.

Peter Kelcey

Lucas,

You are correct, the WSDL is the file that you should provide to other
developers to build against. The WSDL represents the contract between
the client and the service and should be all the other developers
require.

You can access your WSDL withyour browser by browsing the service url
and appending "?wsdl" to the end.

Example

http://servername/directoryname/service1.asmx?wsdl

Peter Kelcey

Guest

I believe you've also got a nice little tool called wsdl.exe Somewhere in
your visual studio tools.

You can use it to create the documents.

--
Rainier van Slingerlandt
www.slingerlandt.com

Please hit the Yes button If my effort is helpfull.