extending and embedding python with C#

Luke

does anybody know anything about pythons ability to act as a wrapper
for C#? I'm having a hard time finding out about this. Any clues are
appreciated.

Bjorn Pettersen

does anybody know anything about pythons ability to act as a wrapper
for C#? I'm having a hard time finding out about this. Any clues are
appreciated.

Depends on what you want to do. There is no out-of-the-box solution...
yet.

-- bjorn

David Bolen

Bjorn Pettersen said:
Depends on what you want to do. There is no out-of-the-box solution...
yet.

While still a work in progress:

http://www.zope.org/Members/Brian/PythonNet

might be worth looking at. It lets you access any managed .NET code
from Python (so would include C# code), and even subclass managed
objects with Python code. Embedding Python in managed code appears to
be in the long term gameplan, but not really supported yet. It does
run with it's own copy of the interpreter in the current preview.

There was another similar project (KOBRA) but the URL I have for it
(http://www.gadgil.net/DotNetWrapperForPython.htm) appears to be no
longer valid.

-- David

Robin Becker

..... Since many say C# is very like java, it's interesting nobody has
attempted to map translate jython into c#ython. I'm sure the same
problems and difficulties would arise, but it would allow a quick route
into .Net