    does anybody know anything about pythons ability to act as a wrapper
    for C#? I'm having a hard time finding out about this. Any clues are
    appreciated.
    Luke, Oct 23, 2003

  2. "Luke" <> wrote in
    news::

    > does anybody know anything about pythons ability to act as a wrapper
    > for C#? I'm having a hard time finding out about this. Any clues are
    > appreciated.

    Depends on what you want to do. There is no out-of-the-box solution...
    yet.

    -- bjorn
    Bjorn Pettersen, Oct 24, 2003

  3. Luke

    David Bolen Guest

    Bjorn Pettersen <> writes:

    > "Luke" <> wrote in
    >
    > > does anybody know anything about pythons ability to act as a wrapper
    > > for C#? I'm having a hard time finding out about this. Any clues are
    > > appreciated.

    > Depends on what you want to do. There is no out-of-the-box solution...
    > yet.

    While still a work in progress:

    http://www.zope.org/Members/Brian/PythonNet

    might be worth looking at. It lets you access any managed .NET code
    from Python (so would include C# code), and even subclass managed
    objects with Python code. Embedding Python in managed code appears to
    be in the long term gameplan, but not really supported yet. It does
    run with it's own copy of the interpreter in the current preview.

    There was another similar project (KOBRA) but the URL I have for it
    (http://www.gadgil.net/DotNetWrapperForPython.htm) appears to be no
    longer valid.

    -- David
    David Bolen, Oct 24, 2003
  4. Luke

    Robin Becker Guest

    ..... Since many say C# is very like java, it's interesting nobody has
    attempted to map translate jython into c#ython. I'm sure the same
    problems and difficulties would arise, but it would allow a quick route
    into .Net
    --
    Robin Becker
    Robin Becker, Oct 24, 2003