extending datagrid - designer won't work

Jon Paugh

Hi All,

I want to extend the datagrid by adding some paging
options that do not come out of the box.

When I create a class that extends datagrid, and then use
it on my page (it's a custom control),the designer window
now makes all the properties of the datagrid red. Error
is "the active schema does not support...".

Of course, the page still works fine. It seems the
designer just doesn't know about the properties. Anyone
know how to fix this?

Thx,

Jon Paugh

Guest

I saw this before, I don't think there might be a fix for this. Think this is a bug in VS.NET. I will see if anyone else has an opinion for this.

John Saunders

Jon Paugh said:
Hi All,

I want to extend the datagrid by adding some paging
options that do not come out of the box.

When I create a class that extends datagrid, and then use
it on my page (it's a custom control),the designer window
now makes all the properties of the datagrid red. Error
is "the active schema does not support...".

Of course, the page still works fine. It seems the
designer just doesn't know about the properties. Anyone
know how to fix this?

"It's not a bug, it's a feature".

How do you expect the designer to know about the properties available in
your derived datagrid control? Which schema do you expect it to use? Did you
write one?

Of course, the real answer is to not depend on schemas for such things, but
to look at the actual properties. It appears that VS.NET 2005 will do that.

Tampa .NET Student

Oh, I know somethink like that wouldn't work. I guess you have to wait for
vs.net 2005