ExtenXLS loads data into Excel 2002 file but damages the Excel file.

kp2900

We load data into an Excel 2002 file using ExtenXLS. The data is
loaded but the Excel file is damaged only for certain samples, not for
others. When the Excel file is opened after the load the following
happens: The message asking to Disable / Enable macros appears twice
instead of once, the Repair message shows "Damage to the file was so
extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to recover
your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or
corrupted.", and the file opens but it's missing the VB modules and the

formatting in the worksheets. We can't find anything wrong with the
download code or the data. If anyone has any ideas what to check for
please let me know. Thanks!

Joined
Nov 21, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
ExtenXLS 5 New Release -- Fixes Excel File Errors!

Dear Customer,

Extentech stands behind our products 100%.

ExtenXLS is a fully supported product, so instead of posting to the bulletin boards, you can simply send an email to us at Extentech and we'll take a look at your issue right away.

In the future, please send support issues like this to 'support at extentech dot com', or use our knowlegebase at www.extentech.com to file an incident report.

We have just released ExtenXLS 5 which includes many new features and fixes, so in fact your issue is very likely already resolved in this latest version of ExtenXLS.

Please send along one of the failing template files and we will promptly take a look and see what the issue is.

Thank you for your business and for using ExtenXLS, we look forward to hearing from you directly.

Sincerely,

The Extentech Support Team