Extract contents of html cells

Robot

Dear all,
I need to create a script which will extract the contents of 2 cells of
an html that contains a specified number of cells.Then I need to put
that contents in another cells of my own html page.How can i do that?Any
samples, tutorials, advice?

Larry Bates

Robot said:
Dear all,
I need to create a script which will extract the contents of 2 cells of
an html that contains a specified number of cells.Then I need to put
that contents in another cells of my own html page.How can i do that?Any
samples, tutorials, advice?

You should take a look at for the screen-scraping part:

http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/

To put them in your html page all you need to do is to have some
placeholders in your html and use python to replace the placeholders
with the values you get from the other screen.

-Larry Bates

Jason Earl

Robot said:
Dear all,
I need to create a script which will extract the contents of 2 cells
of an html that contains a specified number of cells.Then I need to
put that contents in another cells of my own html page.How can i do
that?Any samples, tutorials, advice?

The tricky bit is parsing HTML. Chances are good that what you want
for that is BeautifulSoup:

http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/

Take a look at the examples there and then feel free to ask more
questions.

Jason