Fairly new to coding, learning python for use in machine learning

Joined
Jul 10, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I've been having issues running Python code in Brackets, I've installed several extensions and reloaded but still not running

Joined
Jan 24, 2024
Messages
42
Reaction score
7
Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot and set up a Python development environment in Brackets:
  1. Install Python: Make sure you have Python installed on your machine. You can download it from the official Python website: Python Downloads. During the installation process, make sure to check the option that adds Python to your system's PATH.
  2. Install a Python Extension in Brackets: Brackets itself doesn't have native support for Python. You'll need to install an extension that provides this functionality. You can use the "Python Shell" extension for Brackets.
    • Open Brackets and go to the Extension Manager by clicking on the puzzle piece icon on the right sidebar.
    • Search for "Python Shell" and install it.
  3. Configure the Python Path: After installing the Python Shell extension, you may need to configure the path to your Python interpreter.
    • Go to "File" > "Project Settings" or use the shortcut (Ctrl + Shift + P) and select "Python Shell Settings."
    • Set the correct path to your Python interpreter. This is typically the path where you installed Python. On Windows, it might look like C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python3x\python.exe. On macOS and Linux, it might be in /usr/bin/python3 or another location.
  4. Check for Errors: If there are issues with running your code, check the console for error messages. The console is usually at the bottom of the Brackets window.
  5. Use External Terminals: Sometimes, using an external terminal for running Python scripts might be more straightforward. You can write your code in Brackets and then run it in a separate terminal.
    • Write your Python script in Brackets.
    • Open a terminal separately and navigate to the directory where your script is located.
    • Run the script using the command python your_script.py.
By following these steps, you should be able to set up Python development in Brackets. If you encounter specific error messages or issues during any of these steps, feel free to provide more details, and I'll do my best to assist you.