FAQ Dates; Opera Dates.

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Dr J R Stockton, Jun 18, 2007.

  1. <FAQENTRY> Warning concerning future FAQ updates (?).

    My ISP has changed its Web hosting arrangements. AFAICS, this has
    changed the allowed output bandwidth to a quarter of what it was, and
    has added a large chunk of superfluous logging data to be accommodated
    within the allocated space, which in my case was almost full.

    It may well, therefore, be necessary to reconsider how the FAQ handles
    date & time matters.

    In my (current) Opera 9.21, the Date Object is unreliable when its value
    exceeds 2^31 in magnitude and is near a Summer Time transition. It
    should be tested in other locations : different time zone, with or
    without different Summer Time Rules. IE & FF are OK. To test, scan
    new Date(Y, M, D) over a couple of weeks around the transitions for a
    few years around 2038.

    --
    (c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v6.05 IE 6.

    Dr J R Stockton, Jun 18, 2007