FAQ Topic - How do I make a 10 second delay?

Evertjan.

Gertjan Klein wrote on 28 feb 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
I might be, but I wouldn't dismiss my statement so quickly.

I didn't claim it was. I compared the FAQ posting, containing AB and
BB, to your response to that post, which quoted these characters. In
your post (at least my copy of it) the quoted characters were changed
to AE and AF. (I checked that by saving both posts and viewing them
binary.) Something must have changed them. It is unlikely that Agent
(my newsreader) did, as it has no reason to. It is possible, but also
unlikely, that some news server along the way changed the characters.
To me it seems most likely that your client posted what it displayed
to you (although I have no idea why it would do that).

Well it does not [return as id displayed], due to a quirk in Xnews,
but even if it did, that would NOT mean that you, with another
newsreader, would see it as I saw it.

The coding, when not changed, will remain the same, don't you think?

==============

However, please do not skip my point, that that does not matter:
The FAQ should be written as plain as possible in flat text,
[or displayed on the web as html.]

Whenever the FAQ is posted on it's own NG, flat text is mandatory.

Bart Van der Donck

Evertjan. said:
[...]
The FAQ should be written as plain as possible in flat text,
[or displayed on the web as html.]

Whenever the FAQ is posted on it's own NG, flat text is mandatory.

I have a feeling that the problem in question is due to an incorrect
transmission of 8bit-data somewhere along the route or at the reader.
While email and usenet traffic were traditionally transported in 7bit,
a header like:

should be supported too, see (the RFC is from 1994 already):

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1652
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8BITMIME

Alternatively,

together with =AB/=BB in stead of «/» could have been used too. And
that's where I was wrong in the other FAQ post of today. I set it as
8bit and then still used =AB/=BB, which then weren't decoded of
course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoted-printable
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME#Content-Transfer-Encoding

Anyway - as for the FAQ postings: ASCII it is :) You have a good
point that this requires nothing from any reader or intermediate
server, so it guarantees maximum accessibility.