FastCGI with C++ and Sessions...

Discussion in 'C++' started by FastCGI, Apr 15, 2007.

  1. FastCGI

    FastCGI Guest

    I must admit, I am somewhat ignorant when it comes to understanding
    FastCGI at this point, but all I do know is that it is the only way to
    implement dynamic web pages using C++ that compete on the scale of
    scritping languages like PHP.

    There seem to be no step-by-step learning materials for FastCGI on the
    web. But let's place this matter aside for right now.

    Is it possible to support sessions under C++ and FastCGI? Why aren't
    there any public libraries available to accomplish this in a definitive
    way?

    It seems as if all C++ programmers must develop features like this from
    the ground up if they desire to have them implemented in their C++
    apps... This is a daunting task for those like me who currently have
    little understanding of how these technologies work behind the scenes.

    How can I overcome problems like this in my yearning to use C++ as a
    web application? Could those from a Ruby school be of assitance, since
    they use FastCGI as a part of their Web infrastructure?

    FastCGI, Apr 15, 2007

  2. FastCGI wrote:
    > I must admit, I am somewhat ignorant when it comes to understanding
    > FastCGI at this point, but all I do know is that it is the only way to
    > implement dynamic web pages using C++ that compete on the scale of
    > scritping languages like PHP.
    >
    > There seem to be no step-by-step learning materials for FastCGI on the
    > web. But let's place this matter aside for right now.
    >
    > Is it possible to support sessions under C++ and FastCGI? Why aren't
    > there any public libraries available to accomplish this in a
    > definitive way?
    > [..]

    I'm afraid your inquiry is off-topic. There is no definition of
    "Sessions" in C++ language specification. Please consider a better
    suited newsgroup. I suggest 'comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi'
    or the newsgroup for your OS or your web server.

    Victor Bazarov, Apr 15, 2007

  3. On Apr 15, 1:03 pm, FastCGI <> wrote:
    > I must admit, I am somewhat ignorant when it comes to understanding
    > FastCGI at this point, but all I do know is that it is the only way to
    > implement dynamic web pages using C++ that compete on the scale of
    > scritping languages like PHP.

    It is actually not correct - there are other ways: Apache modules or
    ISAPI extensions. For the later there is a pretty good support in the
    libraries: ATL Server (recently released under an open source license)
    and MFC.
    Nemanja Trifunovic, Apr 16, 2007