FastCGI with C++ and Sessions...

FastCGI

I must admit, I am somewhat ignorant when it comes to understanding
FastCGI at this point, but all I do know is that it is the only way to
implement dynamic web pages using C++ that compete on the scale of
scritping languages like PHP.

There seem to be no step-by-step learning materials for FastCGI on the
web. But let's place this matter aside for right now.

Is it possible to support sessions under C++ and FastCGI? Why aren't
there any public libraries available to accomplish this in a definitive
way?

It seems as if all C++ programmers must develop features like this from
the ground up if they desire to have them implemented in their C++
apps... This is a daunting task for those like me who currently have
little understanding of how these technologies work behind the scenes.

How can I overcome problems like this in my yearning to use C++ as a
web application? Could those from a Ruby school be of assitance, since
they use FastCGI as a part of their Web infrastructure?

Victor Bazarov

FastCGI said:
I must admit, I am somewhat ignorant when it comes to understanding
FastCGI at this point, but all I do know is that it is the only way to
implement dynamic web pages using C++ that compete on the scale of
scritping languages like PHP.

There seem to be no step-by-step learning materials for FastCGI on the
web. But let's place this matter aside for right now.

Is it possible to support sessions under C++ and FastCGI? Why aren't
there any public libraries available to accomplish this in a
definitive way?
[..]

I'm afraid your inquiry is off-topic. There is no definition of
"Sessions" in C++ language specification. Please consider a better
suited newsgroup. I suggest 'comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi'
or the newsgroup for your OS or your web server.

Nemanja Trifunovic

I must admit, I am somewhat ignorant when it comes to understanding
FastCGI at this point, but all I do know is that it is the only way to
implement dynamic web pages using C++ that compete on the scale of
scritping languages like PHP.

It is actually not correct - there are other ways: Apache modules or
ISAPI extensions. For the later there is a pretty good support in the
libraries: ATL Server (recently released under an open source license)
and MFC.