fastthread installation fails - debian - w or w/o gem

paukul

Hi,

iam trying to install fastthread, but it fails with the message:
---------
extconf.rb:1:in `require': no such file to load -- mkmf (LoadError)
from extconf.rb:1

ERROR: While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
Gem files will remain installed in /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/
fastthread-0.6.4.1 for inspection.

Results logged to /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/fastthread-0.6.4.1/ext/
fastthread/gem_make.out
--------

i tried it both with gem install fastthread and by downloading it from
the project
website und install it with ruby setup.rb => Same result

Iam realy new with ruby so i don't know what to do. google didnt help
me anyway... I'd be happy if someone could give me a hint..

Pascal Friederich

Brian Candler

Hi,

iam trying to install fastthread, but it fails with the message:

For Debian/Ubuntu, you need to install the ruby1.8-dev package to get mkmf
(which is a standard part of Ruby, it's just that Debian broke up the core
Ruby into shrapnel packages)

HTH,

Brian.

paukul

For Debian/Ubuntu, you need to install the ruby1.8-dev package to get mkmf
(which is a standard part of Ruby, it's just that Debian broke up the core
Ruby into shrapnel packages)

works. thanks so much!

MenTaLguY

Hi,

iam trying to install fastthread, but it fails with the message:

You will need to install the ruby1.8-dev Debian package in order to be able to install gems with C extensions (like fastthread).

-mental