fault element in operation but not in binding

Discussion in 'XML' started by relaxedrob@optusnet.com.au, Jan 17, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi All,

    I have a portType such as this:

    <portType name="CMLeJobSoapGetEmpBrand">
    <operation name="EJobGetEmpBrand">
    <input message="tns:EJobEmpBrdReq" name="EJobEmpBrdReq"/>
    <output message="tns:EJobGetEmpBrdRes" name="EJobGetEmpBrdRes"/>
    <fault message="tns:Fault" name="Fault"/>
    </operation>
    </portType>

    and a binding to match it:

    <binding name="MS_ALPHA_EJOB_PRJHTTP_SOAP_Binding_GetEmpBrand"
    type="tns:CMLeJobSoapGetEmpBrand">
    <soap:binding style="document"
    <operation name="EJobGetEmpBrand">
    <soap:eek:peration style="document" soapAction=""/>
    <input name="EJobEmpBrdReq">
    <soap:body encodingStyle=""
    parts="EJobEmpBrdReqBody" use="literal"/>
    </input>
    <output name="EJobGetEmpBrdRes">
    <soap:body encodingStyle=""
    parts="EJobGetEmpBrdResBody" use="literal"/>
    </output>
    </operation>
    </binding>

    My question is this: the operation in the portType defines a fault
    message which is not mirrored in the binding element. Does this matter?
    Could this mean that if a parser found a fault message it wouldn't
    expect it - and thus find itself in error?

    My problem is that my Java parser is throwing an exception:
    java.lang.Exception: WSWS3379E: Error: Prefix
    http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/ is undefined.
    The response message was a FAULT and the error sounds like it was
    trying to parse an element it didn't expect - and the binding element
    above doesn't mention FAULT.

    Thanks for any advice!

    Rob
    :)