FF frame border

P4tryk

Hello
My goal: have frame boarders without this some kind of shadow. The frame
borders have a thin white line and on the other side there is a black line.
I wan to replace those thin lines with my own lines, so the frame borders
will look much better.

I managed to have those lines removed but I cant set the color of the white
border :(

page.html

<head runat="server">
<title>Main</title>
</head>
<frameset id="mainfFrame" cols="210,*" frameborder="yes" framespacing="3px"
border="30px" bordercolor="fuchsia" >
<frame name="menu" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="HTMLPage8.htm" >
<frame name="right" frameborder="no" src="HTMLPage8.htm" >
</frameset>

HTMLPage8.htm

<head>
<title>Untitled Page</title>
/head>
alalalal strona

Els

P4tryk said:
Hello
My goal: have frame boarders without this some kind of shadow. The frame
borders have a thin white line and on the other side there is a black
line. I wan to replace those thin lines with my own lines, so the frame
borders will look much better.

I managed to have those lines removed but I cant set the color of the
white border :(

Apart from the fact that I find it quite weird to see a frameset in XHTML
(you should use XHTML 1.0 Frameset if you use frames), and frames
themselves being a very oldfashioned way of doing things while there are
much better ways to accomplish what you want, I'd say the white 'border'
isn't a border, but a space:
framespacing="3px"

What happens if you set that to 0?

P4tryk

Uzytkownik "Els said:
P4tryk wrote:
Apart from the fact that I find it quite weird to see a frameset in XHTML
(you should use XHTML 1.0 Frameset if you use frames), and frames
themselves being a very oldfashioned way of doing things while there are
much better ways to accomplish what you want,

I thing it's the only way (exept AJAX) to limit the reloading same data.
It incereses usability of my web application.
I'd say the white 'border'
isn't a border, but a space:
Call it what you like ;) , but it behaves like border, I can change size
using it.
no the framespacing is not supported by FF
What happens if you set that to 0?
nothing in FF

Patryk

dorayme

P4tryk said:
I thing it's the only way (exept AJAX) to limit the reloading same data.
It incereses usability of my web application.

Call it what you like ;) , but it behaves like border, I can change size
using it.

no the framespacing is not supported by FF

nothing in FF

Patryk

First thing to do is to put up a proper DTD, then try to
validate, this will tell you what tags you have that are not part
of the standard (there are some). Then see what can be done and
come back if stuck.