FF3 anyone?

dorayme

All of which (I took a random sample of a few, not all, to save time) do
not become unusable when text size is enlarged and which zoom would
rescue.

You will get nowhere with Travis if you veer into the general. I have
been trying to nail him on the particular for 50 years and he is more
slippery than an eel in a bath of olive oil.

My philosophy is that I only care about whether my posts are
correct, not whether any particular person agrees or even
understands. [/QUOTE]

Well, I can understand this. We all find ourselves talking to
'difficult' people now and then and we press on in the hope that our
efforts will at least register with other more reasonable open minded
ones.
The statements that good and bad design is
subjective and that what one person finds to be a good design
another may find to be a bad design are wrong, and I corrected
the error.

I agree that "good and bad design is subjective" is not generally true
at all. There are clear cut objective reasons why some designs are bad.
The particular reason that I was assuming and interested in - see thread
- was on designs falling apart on text zoom and being able to be
'rescued' by zoom as claimed by Travis.
I have expressed no opinion concerning text sizes
and zooming other that to correct one poster's assumption that
nobody has a monitor that is a lot larger than his.

Travis boasted the other day about having very big monitors, two of
them. You might have missed the reference. That is ok. Not everyone
watches every single word of what Travis says. I have to because that is
my job - long story, don't ask. You are someone, I suspect, who thinks
there must be a rational explanation for failures to see reasonable
points. I admire this and wish I could be less cynical.

dorayme

Travis Newbury said:
And there is the problem, I do not believe there are particulars on
the web. Everything is on a case by case basis. My mantra... (ok
that is one of hundreds) "the ends can justify the means"

So I tried to go into one of your particulars, to peer into actual
detail, I took the Fox page you mentioned and enlarged the text to be
reasonably big and put it on my monitor (which you have the equivalent
of) and screen-shot it and asked you to tell me what was so bad about it
that zooming could fix? Perhaps it got lost or was another thread. I am
lost now.

It was

<http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/justPics/fox.png>

and I explained that this filled my 20" 1600x1200

and i asked what is in it that is so bad that zoom would fix for anyone.

Something like that. If I did not post this and my memory plays tricks,
apologies.

Mike Duffy

My philosophy is ... good and bad design is subjective
... are wrong

Hmm, but you said "My philosophy is..."

Therefore you tacitly admit that your view is subjective.

Dylan Parry

Chris F.A. Johnson

You can change the number of items appearing in the address bar by
editing the key at "browser.urlbar.maxRichResults" in about:config

Thanks. It's a pity you have to restart the browser before it
takes effect.