File Can Not be Found

RigasMinho

I have this source code here where it cant find the file:
Staging_PasswordAdministration.properties.
No clue why it gives me this error because the file is named correctly
and is in the same working directory as the jsp file.

Basically all i want to do is load a properties file that i have.
Wondering if java.io.FileInputStream is even the right function to do
this.

let me know

Properties prop = System.getProperties();
osname = prop.getProperty("os.name");
if (osname.equals("Windows XP"))
{
test = ("same words");

prop.load(new
java.io.FileInputStream"Staging_PasswordAdministration.properties"));

Chris Smith

RigasMinho said:
I have this source code here where it cant find the file:
Staging_PasswordAdministration.properties.
No clue why it gives me this error because the file is named correctly
and is in the same working directory as the jsp file.

Use ServletContext.getResourceAsStream. FileInputStream looks for files
relative to the current working directory, *not* the directory
containing the JSP. The current working directory is undefined in a web
application environment.