    Anyone have any experience with any of the above, and want to recommend
    one? Incidentally, this is why I think a CPAN wiki would be neat. :)
    , Feb 1, 2005

  2. D. Marxsen Guest

    <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:...
    > module ( dist updated )
    > IO::File::flock ( IO-File-flock-0.10 26 Apr 2004 )
    > IO::File::flock ( IO-File-Lockable-0.31 16 Jul 2004 )
    > IO::LockedFile::Flock ( IO-LockedFile-0.23 20 Feb 2003 )
    > File::Flock ( File-Flock-104.111901 19 Nov 2004 )
    >

    > Anyone have any experience with any of the above, and want to recommend
    > one? Incidentally, this is why I think a CPAN wiki would be neat. :)

    Hi,

    I don't use any of them (and use an own method for locking) but just a hint:
    Get the book "Perl Cookbook" (or similar, I know the German title only) from
    O'Reilly. There is a very good section in it concerning various methods of
    file locking.

    Cheers,
    Detlef.

    --
    D. Marxsen, TD&DS GmbH
    (replace z with h, spam protection)
    D. Marxsen, Feb 1, 2005

    I do have the Perl Cookbook (absolutely invaluable), and I'm familiar
    with the flock function and fcntl constants, but like all good perl
    programmers, I am lazy, so I'm now looking for a module that will
    handle the dirty details for me and present me with an elegant syntax.
    :)
    , Feb 1, 2005