File names are changed into capital letter in Python CE and WM5

mujunshan

Yesterday, I installed PythonCE on my cellphone whose OS is Windows
Mobile 5.I wanted to use numpy as calculation tool.But after I copy
numpy module in my desktop computer into my phone,I find many file
names in directory \numpy were changed into capital letters.For
example:
__init__.py
was chaged into
__INIT__.PY
However PythonCE is sensitive to capital directory or filenames. So it
is boring to convert those file names to into lowcase. I don't
understand why?

Tim Roberts

Yesterday, I installed PythonCE on my cellphone whose OS is Windows
Mobile 5.I wanted to use numpy as calculation tool.But after I copy
numpy module in my desktop computer into my phone,I find many file
names in directory \numpy were changed into capital letters.For
example:
__init__.py
was chaged into
__INIT__.PY
However PythonCE is sensitive to capital directory or filenames. So it
is boring to convert those file names to into lowcase. I don't
understand why?

How did you copy the files? How are you viewing the file names? On what
file system are the files stored? On a FAT file system without long file
name support, **ALL** file names are upper-case. It's only the
long-file-name extension that allows lower case.

If the tool you use to examine the file names only understands the
short-name format, this is exactly what you see. On a FAT system, the name
"__init__.py" is stored twice: once in a short-name entry called
"__INIT__.PY", and again in a long-name entry that has the real name.