File Permission

Guest

Hello, I am writing an application which will upload files to a shared
directory which is on another server then the where the application resides.
I am working within an AD Domain.

By default the system use the local ASPNet account and it's authority to
read/write files. In oder to write to another server, I can not really use
the ASPNet local account can I? I am guessing that I must use
imperssonation....is that correct? If I use my account to do this, then I
will have to remember to change my login ID in the webconfig file every XX
days, which does not sound like the way to go.

What is the "typical" way to handle this security? Should I request a
"dummy" AD account to be created with a password which never expires and lock
that account down to just some very specific things....Is this typically how
this type of issue is handled?

Your thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated......

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Yes, you should request a network account for your application from your
network administrator.
That would be the typical approach.