File system access in Mozilla

Brent Royal-Gordon

Hello,
I'm considering writing a program in Javascript with Mozilla XULRunner.
(This would be a fully privileged XUL program, not a web page, so it
wouldn't be sandboxed.) This program requires full access to the
filesystem, which it looks like Mozilla's File class can provide.

However, my program needs to not only read these files; it also has to
read their metadata, such as their various timestamps and security
information. (I realize this stuff is platform-specific.) Does anybody
know if I can do that?

Thanks in advance,