FileStream through Webservices

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by majiofpersia, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. majiofpersia

    majiofpersia Guest

    Hi Everyone and thanks in advance,

    I am trying to create a webservices which will read a binary file and create
    another file based on that first one and sends back the new file to the
    client. The thing is that I don't want to at any time save this file on the
    server ... I want to do all this in memory if possible. I have two
    questions:

    1) What do you think about this method? Specially if the clients are web
    clients ... will this method effect the performance? Will it cause memory
    problems for the web server?
    2) Which namespaces should I use to achieve this? The System.IO class
    FileStream doesn't seem to work with files residing in memory? To be
    specific I want to work with a byte array data type ... how can I achieve
    doing this?

    Thanks once again for your help,

    - Maji

    majiofpersia, Jul 16, 2003