    Thanks you

    --
    Share The Knowledge. I need all the help I can get and so do you!

    Yankee Imperialist Dog, Jun 3, 2008

  2. Yankee Imperialist Dog

    darrel Guest

    >I have created a simple fileupload page for image files. It woulds without
    > problem with ie7. However, FireFox and Safari will not upload an image
    > file.

    Are you getting an error? What happens in those browsers?

    -Darrel

    darrel, Jun 3, 2008

  3. Yankee Imperialist Dog

    Bogdan Guest

    Check how the FileUpload control is rendered on the client side in the
    browsers that you have a problem with. It should be rendered as HTML
    input/file. Both, FireFox and Safari handle it with no problems.

    Bogdan

    Bogdan, Jun 4, 2008
  4. No error. Nothing. The page cycles albeit too quickly. but no error

    Yankee Imperialist Dog, Jun 4, 2008
  5. thanks for replying,
    they are rendered as follows:
    <input type="file"
    name="ctl00$ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$ContentPlaceHolder1$fuImage"
    id="ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ContentPlaceHolder1_fuImage" />
    <input type="submit"
    name="ctl00$ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$ContentPlaceHolder1$btnAddImage"
    value="Upload Image"
    id="ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ContentPlaceHolder1_btnAddImage" />

    Yankee Imperialist Dog, Jun 4, 2008
  6. RE: FileUpload Control question Solved

    This was a coding error on my part. The odd thing was that the error did NOT
    happen in IE.
    Thanks your help was appreciated!!

    Yankee Imperialist Dog, Jun 4, 2008
  7. Yankee Imperialist Dog

    Lars Guest

    Hi

    That's the easy part of it.

    How do you upload the file to the server. That's the big question. Does
    ASP.NET include any class that can upload the file to a specific folder?

    Lars

    Lars, Jun 5, 2008