FileUpload Control question

Yankee Imperialist Dog

I have created a simple fileupload page for image files. It woulds without
problem with ie7. However, FireFox and Safari will not upload an image file.
Is there some issue with the control and those browsers? I have created a
class to handle these operations, but i don't see this a factor.

Thanks you

darrel

I have created a simple fileupload page for image files. It woulds without
problem with ie7. However, FireFox and Safari will not upload an image
file.

Are you getting an error? What happens in those browsers?

-Darrel

Bogdan

Check how the FileUpload control is rendered on the client side in the
browsers that you have a problem with. It should be rendered as HTML
input/file. Both, FireFox and Safari handle it with no problems.

Bogdan

Yankee Imperialist Dog

No error. Nothing. The page cycles albeit too quickly. but no error

Yankee Imperialist Dog

thanks for replying,
they are rendered as follows:
<input type="file"
name="ctl00$ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$ContentPlaceHolder1$fuImage"
id="ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ContentPlaceHolder1_fuImage" />
<input type="submit"
name="ctl00$ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$ContentPlaceHolder1$btnAddImage"
value="Upload Image"
id="ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ContentPlaceHolder1_btnAddImage" />

Yankee Imperialist Dog

This was a coding error on my part. The odd thing was that the error did NOT
happen in IE.
Thanks your help was appreciated!!

Lars

Hi

That's the easy part of it.

How do you upload the file to the server. That's the big question. Does
ASP.NET include any class that can upload the file to a specific folder?

Lars

"Yankee Imperialist Dog" <[email protected]>