FileUpload name goes away

David Thielen

Hi;

When my codebehind is called, the filename in the FileUpload control goes
away. Is there a way to keep it there?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Dave,

As for the fileupload control, it will only hold the filename at the post
in which the client-side submit the actual filestream. After that, the
context is cleared, and in later postback, unless the client user select to
upload the file again, the filename and file stream won¡¯t be persisted in
the fileupload control¡¯s status.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support