FileUpload

support

I am trying to use the FileUpload in my code at
http://people-places-work.info/ReadFile.aspx
My code works fine when I test locally, but when I try to upload a file onto
my remote server, I get a "Could not find a part of the path" exception.
Any ideas on how to get FileUpload to work where the file specify is local,
but the server is remote?

Darrel

My code works fine when I test locally, but when I try to upload a file
onto my remote server, I get a "Could not find a part of the path"
exception.
Any ideas on how to get FileUpload to work where the file specify is
local, but the server is remote?

Just a guess, but some browsers will expose the entire local path where some
only show the file itself.

So you might get:

c:\myfiles\myfile.gif

in some browsers and

myfile.gif

in others.

So be sure to test for that first if you are trying to build the file path
to save to from the uploaded filename.

-Darrel

support

I output the name (Response.Write(FileUploadXml.PostedFile.FileName)). It
is the full path & filename
As I said, this is fine if my test server is my machine, because the path
name makes sense relative to the server.
However when I run on the remote host [http://people-places-work.info] (as I
should in true running enviroment), the c:\temp\file.vcd makes no sense on
the running host !

Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hi All,
in my web application,I need to store image into database and reterive it for display,for that i need to convert it as binary data and then stored that in database ,for displaying the image i need to reverse the above process (ie,converting my binary data into image) ,i have no idea to reverse it ....if you have any idea ,please help me.....:-|
Thanks and Regards...
sona

Last edited: