Finally got this project onlne using run basic

richard

http://1littleworld.net/truck1.html

Everything within the iframe is done with "run Basic".
I developed the expanding tree part.

There is no javascript anywhere in the program.

You may experience a tad slowing loading if you're on dialup.
But be patient, it will get to you. Nothing more than loading a page.

I know it will work in IE and FF, but not others so let me know if you
have any problems with it.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard said:

"When computing first got underway in the way home there were two ways
of getting information onto the screen. DOS or BASIC."

For me, the first was UNIX. You need to revise your content.
Everything within the iframe is done with "run Basic".
I developed the expanding tree part.
I know it will work in IE and FF, but not others so let me know if you
have any problems with it.

<lol!>

Opera/9.64 (X11; Linux i686; U; en) Presto/2.1.1, but the same with
Firefox.

"application has unexpectedly terminated
Please contact your webmaster.

This application has unexpectedly terminated
Please contact your webmaster.

This application has unexpectedly terminated
Please contact your webmaster."

Heh, you should stick to truck driving.

richard

http://1littleworld.net/truck1.html

Everything within the iframe is done with "run Basic".
I developed the expanding tree part.

There is no javascript anywhere in the program.

You may experience a tad slowing loading if you're on dialup.
But be patient, it will get to you. Nothing more than loading a page.

I know it will work in IE and FF, but not others so let me know if you
have any problems with it.

Something odd I don't understand about this.
I have two standard links using the <a> tag.
Both are properly refernced.
However, when I hover over them, I see my site is also included in the
link. How the hell does this happen?

richard

Something odd I don't understand about this.
I have two standard links using the <a> tag.
Both are properly refernced.
However, when I hover over them, I see my site is also included in the
link. How the hell does this happen?

Cured. Forgot to include the http.

richard

"When computing first got underway in the way home there were two ways
of getting information onto the screen. DOS or BASIC."

For me, the first was UNIX. You need to revise your content.

<lol!>

Opera/9.64 (X11; Linux i686; U; en) Presto/2.1.1, but the same with
Firefox.

"application has unexpectedly terminated
Please contact your webmaster.

This application has unexpectedly terminated
Please contact your webmaster.

This application has unexpectedly terminated
Please contact your webmaster."

Heh, you should stick to truck driving.

Did any part of it load?
You should at least see a list of states in the left column.

richard

"When computing first got underway in the way home there were two ways
of getting information onto the screen. DOS or BASIC."

For me, the first was UNIX. You need to revise your content.

<lol!>

Opera/9.64 (X11; Linux i686; U; en) Presto/2.1.1, but the same with
Firefox.

"application has unexpectedly terminated
Please contact your webmaster.

This application has unexpectedly terminated
Please contact your webmaster.

This application has unexpectedly terminated
Please contact your webmaster."

Heh, you should stick to truck driving.

Personally I think you're full of shit.
I just installed opera 9.64 and had no problems loading the page.
Hell, Opera loaded faster than FF.

richard

Not quite.

<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbo...basicpersonal?_s=oOFPkwTjNTeBlzPb&_k=qQLAlXft>

Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
Result: 209 Errors, 9 warning(s)
(for your iframe page)

But you tried to validate the actual code page.

I'm sure you'd get the same results for any java applet.
The validator does not know, or care to know how an application is
coded.

<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=w...(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0>

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard said:
Personally I think you're full of shit.

You'd be wrong. Why did 'polymer' post the exact same errors?
I just installed opera 9.64 and had no problems loading the page.
Hell, Opera loaded faster than FF.

Yes, now it works (even in Opera), for some value of "works".

Hell, in another post, you did say you corrected some errors. Pay
attention.

Harlan Messinger

richard said:
Personally I think you're full of shit.
I just installed opera 9.64 and had no problems loading the page.
Hell, Opera loaded faster than FF.

If your reaction to learning that someone's outcome isn't the same as
yours is going to be to tell him he's full of shit, then have a lot of
nerve asking people in the first place to see whether they get the same
outcome as you.

Harlan Messinger

richard said:
But you tried to validate the actual code page.

I'm sure you'd get the same results for any java applet.
The validator does not know, or care to know how an application is
coded.

<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=w...(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0>
Have you looked? A Java applet has nothing to do with errors like having
a "#" inside the ID attribute of an HTML tag or having multiple elements
with same ID (which defeats the entire purpose of giving elements an ID
attribute at all).

richard

Have you looked? A Java applet has nothing to do with errors like having
a "#" inside the ID attribute of an HTML tag or having multiple elements
with same ID (which defeats the entire purpose of giving elements an ID
attribute at all).

And have either of you smart ass know it alls bothered to look at the
fact that all of those errors came from the same line?
That I have no control over. That is generated by the programmer and
the way he programmed the output to read.

I have made him aware that id="#whatever" is not valid.

It is also possible that in the process of compiling the BASIC
language into useable html, has some quirks to it. As html does not
understand that "#one" is not an "ID" tag per se, but rather an
identifier for use within the language.

I have also seen the validator have holy fits over certain items that
are perfectly acceptable in the javascript convention. Or it has fits
because a simple ? was used within a section surrounded by quotes.

I am also quite sure that the validator would have holy fits if
someone dare imbed visual basic into the page.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Huh? Code page? Oh wait ...

That one is just your tiny 'frameset' page. I'm surprised you didn't
recognize the difference.
And have either of you smart ass know it alls bothered to look at the
fact that all of those errors came from the same line? That I have no
control over. That is generated by the programmer and the way he
programmed the output to read.

Well, duh! The entire *page* is on one line!
I have made him aware that id="#whatever" is not valid.

Yeah, right. You're gonna get the W3C to change their validator because
of some crap your runbasic thing spits out?
It is also possible that in the process of compiling the BASIC
language into useable html, has some quirks to it.

Now that's an understatement. Some?
As html does not
understand that "#one" is not an "ID" tag per se, but rather an
identifier for use within the language.

I have also seen the validator have holy fits over certain items that
are perfectly acceptable in the javascript convention. Or it has fits
because a simple ? was used within a section surrounded by quotes.

It would not have fits if you wrote valid HTML. JavaScript is not valid
HTML. If it bitched about your question mark, you used it somewhere,
probably in a URL that was wrong.
I am also quite sure that the validator would have holy fits if
someone dare imbed visual basic into the page.

That'd be like taking your sewing machine to the car shop for repairs.

You keep posting about this Runbasic crap, then can't take the heat when
someone(s) tells you just how bad it really is.

dorayme

richard said:
http://1littleworld.net/truck1.html

Everything within the iframe is done with "run Basic".
I developed the expanding tree part.

There is no javascript anywhere in the program.

You may experience a tad slowing loading if you're on dialup.
But be patient, it will get to you. Nothing more than loading a page.

I know it will work in IE and FF, but not others so let me know if you
have any problems with it.

Displays fine on my browsers, in Icab and MacIE5 as well as all the
usual suspects like Safari, FF ...

What rather surprised me was how well it ran on my CD player when burned
in as text from Source View, it flowers into the beautiful Irving Berlin
song. Here is a marvellous version by Perry Como and the Pointer Sisters
(the latter making it nearly everything it is):

<http://tinyurl.com/cptf5x>

or

<http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/music/perryComoWithTheFontaineSisters.ht
ml>

(btw, your generator "AceHTML Freeware" is a master of semantic mark up.)

asdf

richard said:
http://1littleworld.net/truck1.html

Everything within the iframe is done with "run Basic".

The HTML in the iframe produces no less that 100 validation errors:
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbo...t:8008/seaside/go/runbasicpersonal?app=truck1

I developed the expanding tree part.

There is no javascript anywhere in the program.

....which is not terribly surprising since you're doing lots of server
round-trips/reloads to produce the 'expanded' bits, nothing too amazing
there.
You may experience a tad slowing loading if you're on dialup.
But be patient, it will get to you. Nothing more than loading a page.

....man, it's slow on broadband too.
I know it will work in IE and FF, but not others so let me know if you
have any problems with it.

Man, you seem to have been working on this for *weeks*. I think most of us
could have duplicated this using PHP or VBScript/ASP(X) on a rainy Saturday
afternoon while watching the football.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

asdf said:
Man, you seem to have been working on this for *weeks*. I think most
of us could have duplicated this using PHP or VBScript/ASP(X) on a
rainy Saturday afternoon while watching the football.

<lol> That's true...

Raymond Schmit

http://1littleworld.net/truck1.html

Everything within the iframe is done with "run Basic".
I developed the expanding tree part.

There is no javascript anywhere in the program.

You may experience a tad slowing loading if you're on dialup.
But be patient, it will get to you. Nothing more than loading a page.

I know it will work in IE and FF, but not others so let me know if you
have any problems with it.

Not a beautiful result, but it works with my SeaMonkey browser:
labelled:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.19)
Gecko/20081204 NOT Firefox/2.0.0.12 SeaMonkey/1.1.14

dorayme

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
<lol> That's true...

First Richard might have something called a life, and second, he might
be developing something that starts slow and ends up like Phar Lap.