Find component in java applet structure

Delorean

Hi.

I have an applet. Applet consist of two parts, in left there is a
navigation tree, when you push on node appropriate interface with input
fields appear on the right side of applet. Interfaces are developed in
classes which are extended as JPanel.

Now i need to transport data from one interface to another. I need
destination interfaces object, so i can import data. Is there a way in
java how i can search for interfaces object if i know that interfaces
class name?

I know, there is possibilities to get object from
"Frame.getFrames()[0].getComponent(n)" and so on, but thing is, that
applets components hierarchy is very complicated (they are many) and i
cant find object in this way.

Can you help me in this problem?
Best regard

Andrew Thompson

Delorean said:
Any one... ??

Well gee. It's sad that nobody deigned to answer
your question in the entire (checks watch) 35 minutes
since you posted it. I think you deserve a full refund
(and a cuff around the ears for being so impatient).

If it is really that urgent, perhaps you should pay
someone enough to care about your schedule.

BTW ..Delorean? Wasn't that the guy smuggling
cocaine to prop up his sports car company?
Maybe you should resist snorting the 'product'.

Andrew T.

Delorean

Happy new year for you Andrew, i feel sorry that my post made you write
those words.

Oliver Wong

Delorean said:
Hi.

I have an applet. Applet consist of two parts, in left there is a
navigation tree, when you push on node appropriate interface with input
fields appear on the right side of applet. Interfaces are developed in
classes which are extended as JPanel.

Now i need to transport data from one interface to another. I need
destination interfaces object, so i can import data. Is there a way in
java how i can search for interfaces object if i know that interfaces
class name?

I know, there is possibilities to get object from
"Frame.getFrames()[0].getComponent(n)" and so on, but thing is, that
applets components hierarchy is very complicated (they are many) and i
cant find object in this way.

Can you help me in this problem?

Have you considered having a central model which contains all the data,
and implementing your "interfaces" as views which query this data? See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model-view-controller for more details, or
google for "Model View Controller".

- Oliver