Find component in java applet structure

Discussion in 'Java' started by Delorean, Dec 29, 2006.

  1. Delorean

    Delorean Guest

    Hi.

    I have an applet. Applet consist of two parts, in left there is a
    navigation tree, when you push on node appropriate interface with input
    fields appear on the right side of applet. Interfaces are developed in
    classes which are extended as JPanel.

    Now i need to transport data from one interface to another. I need
    destination interfaces object, so i can import data. Is there a way in
    java how i can search for interfaces object if i know that interfaces
    class name?

    I know, there is possibilities to get object from
    "Frame.getFrames()[0].getComponent(n)" and so on, but thing is, that
    applets components hierarchy is very complicated (they are many) and i
    cant find object in this way.

    Can you help me in this problem?
    Best regard

    Delorean, Dec 29, 2006

  2. Delorean

    Delorean Guest

    Any one... ??

    Delorean, Dec 29, 2006

  3. Delorean wrote:
    > Any one... ??

    Well gee. It's sad that nobody deigned to answer
    your question in the entire (checks watch) 35 minutes
    since you posted it. I think you deserve a full refund
    (and a cuff around the ears for being so impatient).

    If it is really that urgent, perhaps you should pay
    someone enough to care about your schedule.

    BTW ..Delorean? Wasn't that the guy smuggling
    cocaine to prop up his sports car company?
    Maybe you should resist snorting the 'product'.

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 29, 2006
  4. Delorean

    Delorean Guest

    Happy new year for you Andrew, i feel sorry that my post made you write
    those words.

    Delorean, Dec 29, 2006
  5. Delorean

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Delorean" <> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > I have an applet. Applet consist of two parts, in left there is a
    > navigation tree, when you push on node appropriate interface with input
    > fields appear on the right side of applet. Interfaces are developed in
    > classes which are extended as JPanel.
    >
    > Now i need to transport data from one interface to another. I need
    > destination interfaces object, so i can import data. Is there a way in
    > java how i can search for interfaces object if i know that interfaces
    > class name?
    >
    > I know, there is possibilities to get object from
    > "Frame.getFrames()[0].getComponent(n)" and so on, but thing is, that
    > applets components hierarchy is very complicated (they are many) and i
    > cant find object in this way.
    >
    > Can you help me in this problem?

    Have you considered having a central model which contains all the data,
    and implementing your "interfaces" as views which query this data? See
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model-view-controller for more details, or
    google for "Model View Controller".

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Dec 29, 2006