FireFox 3.6 losing text.

Raymond Schmit

The page http://uk.osgeurope.com/ff36.html has 2 phone numbers, one
above the other.

When I look at it in FF 3.6, only the second one shows.

However, if I prefix the first number with a alpha character (see
http://uk.osgeurope.com/ff36a.html), then the first number shows, but
the second one disappears???

This has really got me stumped.

Anyone got any idea as to what I am doing wrong?

TIA

With SeaMonkey 2.0.2 i see both phone numbers on the two pages.

dorayme

<[email protected]
m>,
Captain Paralytic said:
The page http://uk.osgeurope.com/ff36.html has 2 phone numbers, one
above the other.

When I look at it in FF 3.6, only the second one shows.

However, if I prefix the first number with a alpha character (see
http://uk.osgeurope.com/ff36a.html), then the first number shows, but
the second one disappears???

This has really got me stumped.

Anyone got any idea as to what I am doing wrong?

I am not seeing this trouble. Anyway, how about a proper doctype
etc...

<head>
charset=utf-8">
<title>weird</title>
div {margin-bottom: 2em;}
</head>

Nik Coughlin

The page http://uk.osgeurope.com/ff36.html has 2 phone numbers, one
above the other.

When I look at it in FF 3.6, only the second one shows.

However, if I prefix the first number with a alpha character (see
http://uk.osgeurope.com/ff36a.html), then the first number shows, but
the second one disappears???

This has really got me stumped.

Anyone got any idea as to what I am doing wrong?

Do you have Skype installed? Sometimes the Skype Firefox add-on does
strange and unexpected things to phone numbers.

If not, have you tried starting Firefox in safe mode to see if it is one
of your other Add-ons that is causing the problem?

Jonathan N. Little

Captain said:
The page http://uk.osgeurope.com/ff36.html has 2 phone numbers, one
above the other.

When I look at it in FF 3.6, only the second one shows.

However, if I prefix the first number with a alpha character (see
http://uk.osgeurope.com/ff36a.html), then the first number shows, but
the second one disappears???

This has really got me stumped.

Anyone got any idea as to what I am doing wrong?

No problem here, must be something specific to your machine...

Neredbojias

The page http://uk.osgeurope.com/ff36.html has 2 phone numbers, one
above the other.

When I look at it in FF 3.6, only the second one shows.

However, if I prefix the first number with a alpha character (see
http://uk.osgeurope.com/ff36a.html), then the first number shows, but
the second one disappears???

This has really got me stumped.

Anyone got any idea as to what I am doing wrong?

I see both numbers in both pages with ff 3.6 fine. You're not on a
win95 box, are you?

Captain Paralytic

Do you have Skype installed? Sometimes the Skype Firefox add-on does
strange and unexpected things to phone numbers.

If not, have you tried starting Firefox in safe mode to see if it is one
of your other Add-ons that is causing the problem?

I'll try that certainly.

Doug Miller

The one odd thing I notice about this web page
is the way some of the tags are enclosed:

0888 1111111
0888 2222222

Nothing odd about that.
note specifically the line "<br />".

http://www.devx.com/projectcool/Article/19816
this is listed as one form of the ending tag for
the <br> tag.

That article is incorrect.

In HTML, the <br> tag stands alone; it has no closing tag. In XHTML, all tags
must be closed, and the proper form is <br />.

<area> said:
But if this is so, then that page
is *ending* a tag that was never started.

Or is this a new way to specify starting and ending
tags in the same tag??

It's the XHTML way.

Captain Paralytic

Do you have Skype installed? Sometimes the Skype Firefox add-on does
strange and unexpected things to phone numbers.

If not, have you tried starting Firefox in safe mode to see if it is one
of your other Add-ons that is causing the problem?

Thanks very much for that Nik, it was indeed the Skype addon. I had
disabled it now. Never really wanted it in the first place!