Firefox Developer Tools: Edit CSS

dorayme

In Firefox Web Developer Tools, when Edit CSS is on, I notice
that in a certain circumstance, background images do not show up.
Namely, when the location of the images are at a level up from
the folder in which the html is, despite the url of the bg image
being correct in relation to the linked css sheet (which in turn
is one level up from the folder in which the html file is and
correctly accessed because all the other styles work fine).

<http://netweaver.com.au/alt/ffEditCSS/html_file_level/file.html>

Maybe it is just my machine?

Mike Barnard

In Firefox Web Developer Tools, when Edit CSS is on, I notice
that in a certain circumstance, background images do not show up.
Namely, when the location of the images are at a level up from
the folder in which the html is, despite the url of the bg image
being correct in relation to the linked css sheet (which in turn
is one level up from the folder in which the html file is and
correctly accessed because all the other styles work fine).

<http://netweaver.com.au/alt/ffEditCSS/html_file_level/file.html>

Maybe it is just my machine?

"This is should be big yellow text on a background of a dark greyish
blue."

It is, but it flashed red on first loading. So I went into 'edit css'
and lo and behold, it's red again. It's not your machine, it's mine
too. Are we psychically linked somehow?

dorayme

Mike Barnard said:
"This is should be big yellow text on a background of a dark greyish
blue."

It is, but it flashed red on first loading. So I went into 'edit css'
and lo and behold, it's red again.

So it looks like some trouble in the developer tool...

Rick Brandt

dorayme said:
In Firefox Web Developer Tools, when Edit CSS is on, I notice
that in a certain circumstance, background images do not show up.
Namely, when the location of the images are at a level up from
the folder in which the html is, despite the url of the bg image
being correct in relation to the linked css sheet (which in turn
is one level up from the folder in which the html file is and
correctly accessed because all the other styles work fine).

<http://netweaver.com.au/alt/ffEditCSS/html_file_level/file.html>

Maybe it is just my machine?

Our group has noticed numerous occassions where the styling of a page
changes when you toggle the Edit CSS pane off and on. Anything from font
colors and sizes changing to the position of floated elements moving around.

It seems to me that the specificity of cascading styles is being affected,
but that's just conjecture. I really haven't done much beyond noticing that
it happens.

Ben C

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:38:01 +1100, dorayme

If we, er you, tell them about a major bug you have found do they give
you a copy for free! :)

I think it's free anyway. But yes they do like you to tell them about
the bugs.