    Maybe it is just my machine?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Feb 29, 2008

  2. dorayme

    Mike Barnard Guest

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:06:46 +1100, dorayme
    <> wrote:

    >In Firefox Web Developer Tools, when Edit CSS is on, I notice
    >that in a certain circumstance, background images do not show up.
    >Namely, when the location of the images are at a level up from
    >the folder in which the html is, despite the url of the bg image
    >being correct in relation to the linked css sheet (which in turn
    >is one level up from the folder in which the html file is and
    >correctly accessed because all the other styles work fine).
    >
    ><http://netweaver.com.au/alt/ffEditCSS/html_file_level/file.html>
    >
    >Maybe it is just my machine?

    "This is should be big yellow text on a background of a dark greyish
    blue."

    It is, but it flashed red on first loading. So I went into 'edit css'
    and lo and behold, it's red again. It's not your machine, it's mine
    too. Are we psychically linked somehow?

    Mike Barnard, Feb 29, 2008

  3. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Mike Barnard <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:06:46 +1100, dorayme
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >In Firefox Web Developer Tools, when Edit CSS is on, I notice
    > >that in a certain circumstance, background images do not show up.
    > >Namely, when the location of the images are at a level up from
    > >the folder in which the html is, despite the url of the bg image
    > >being correct in relation to the linked css sheet (which in turn
    > >is one level up from the folder in which the html file is and
    > >correctly accessed because all the other styles work fine).
    > >
    > ><http://netweaver.com.au/alt/ffEditCSS/html_file_level/file.html>
    > >
    > >Maybe it is just my machine?

    > "This is should be big yellow text on a background of a dark greyish
    > blue."
    >
    > It is, but it flashed red on first loading. So I went into 'edit css'
    > and lo and behold, it's red again.

    So it looks like some trouble in the developer tool...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Feb 29, 2008
  4. dorayme

    Mike Barnard Guest

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:38:01 +1100, dorayme
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Mike Barnard <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:06:46 +1100, dorayme
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >In Firefox Web Developer Tools, when Edit CSS is on, I notice
    >> >that in a certain circumstance, background images do not show up.
    >> >Namely, when the location of the images are at a level up from
    >> >the folder in which the html is, despite the url of the bg image
    >> >being correct in relation to the linked css sheet (which in turn
    >> >is one level up from the folder in which the html file is and
    >> >correctly accessed because all the other styles work fine).
    >> >
    >> ><http://netweaver.com.au/alt/ffEditCSS/html_file_level/file.html>
    >> >
    >> >Maybe it is just my machine?

    >> "This is should be big yellow text on a background of a dark greyish
    >> blue."
    >>
    >> It is, but it flashed red on first loading. So I went into 'edit css'
    >> and lo and behold, it's red again.

    >So it looks like some trouble in the developer tool...

    If we, er you, tell them about a major bug you have found do they give
    you a copy for free! :)

    Mike Barnard, Feb 29, 2008
  5. dorayme

    Rick Brandt Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > In Firefox Web Developer Tools, when Edit CSS is on, I notice
    > that in a certain circumstance, background images do not show up.
    > Namely, when the location of the images are at a level up from
    > the folder in which the html is, despite the url of the bg image
    > being correct in relation to the linked css sheet (which in turn
    > is one level up from the folder in which the html file is and
    > correctly accessed because all the other styles work fine).
    >
    > <http://netweaver.com.au/alt/ffEditCSS/html_file_level/file.html>
    >
    > Maybe it is just my machine?

    Our group has noticed numerous occassions where the styling of a page
    changes when you toggle the Edit CSS pane off and on. Anything from font
    colors and sizes changing to the position of floated elements moving around.

    It seems to me that the specificity of cascading styles is being affected,
    but that's just conjecture. I really haven't done much beyond noticing that
    it happens.

    Rick Brandt, Feb 29, 2008
  6. dorayme

    Ben C Guest

    On 2008-02-29, Mike Barnard <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:38:01 +1100, dorayme
    ><> wrote:

    [...]
    >>> "This is should be big yellow text on a background of a dark greyish
    >>> blue."
    >>>
    >>> It is, but it flashed red on first loading. So I went into 'edit css'
    >>> and lo and behold, it's red again.

    >>So it looks like some trouble in the developer tool...

    > If we, er you, tell them about a major bug you have found do they give
    > you a copy for free! :)

    I think it's free anyway. But yes they do like you to tell them about
    the bugs.

    Ben C, Feb 29, 2008
  7. dorayme

    Mike Barnard Guest

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:31:35 -0600, Ben C <> wrote:

    >On 2008-02-29, Mike Barnard <> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:38:01 +1100, dorayme
    >><> wrote:

    >[...]
    >>>
    >>>So it looks like some trouble in the developer tool...

    >> If we, er you, tell them about a major bug you have found do they give
    >> you a copy for free! :)

    >I think it's free anyway. But yes they do like you to tell them about
    >the bugs.

    Er, see the smiley! :)

    Mike Barnard, Mar 1, 2008