    move from page to page.

    Is there any way to specify that FF display this "normal" scroll bar
    all the time?

    still me, Oct 22, 2007

  2. still me

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    still me <> wrote:

    > I've noticed that unlike most other browsers, FF doesn't display the
    > normal right side vertical scroll bar in MS-Windows unless there
    > something to scroll to (Instead of graying it out like most, it
    > removes it). While I suppose the correctness of that is debatable, it
    > causes an odd effect - if your pages center horizontally in the
    > browser, and some pages at your site fit in the browser window
    > vertically and some don't, the pages jump 20 px left and right as you
    > move from page to page.
    >
    > Is there any way to specify that FF display this "normal" scroll bar
    > all the time?

    How about trying overflow: scroll on the body? It then reserves
    the space for the bar.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 22, 2007

  3. still me

    Bergamot Guest

    still me wrote:
    > I've noticed that unlike most other browsers, FF doesn't display the
    > normal right side vertical scroll bar in MS-Windows unless there
    > something to scroll
    >
    > Is there any way to specify that FF display this "normal" scroll bar
    > all the time?

    It's unlikely your visitors care since, assuming they even notice it at
    all, it's unlikely your site is the first one where they've encountered
    it. If it bothered them so much they'd start using another browser,
    don't you think? So get over it.

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Oct 22, 2007
  4. still me wrote:
    > I've noticed that unlike most other browsers, FF doesn't display the
    > normal right side vertical scroll bar in MS-Windows unless there
    > something to scroll to (Instead of graying it out like most, it
    > removes it).

    Normal? Like most? What other browser does this? What you mean is not
    like MS(Windows)IE

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 22, 2007
  5. still me

    still me Guest

    On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:26:02 +1000, dorayme
    <> wrote:

    >How about trying overflow: scroll on the body? It then reserves
    >the space for the bar.

    Thanks do, perfect.

    still me, Oct 23, 2007