Firefox Problems

someone

Does anyone know a good article about displaying ASP.NET pages in
Firefox? My website looks like crap in Firefox even though the
rendered HTML looks find and looks okay in other browsers.
TIA,
Mike

douglikespatti

someone said:
Does anyone know a good article about displaying ASP.NET pages in
Firefox? My website looks like crap in Firefox even though the
rendered HTML looks find and looks okay in other browsers.
TIA,
Mike

Are you using custom BrowserCaps settings in your Web.Config? This
site has a pretty good description of what BrowserCaps does and has a
few example BrowserCaps sections that you can cut and paste into your
Web.Config.
http://slingfive.com/pages/code/browserCaps/

someone

Actually I wasn't. What I am seeing is that Firefox totally ignores
table formatting information. The HTML generated by ASP.NET is correct
as far as I can tell but something is throwing it off. The table comes
out with a dark blue background even though the table is set to having
white background in the cells.
I have read that the Firefox team made a big effort to force people to
write very explicit or accurate HTML rather than the sloppy way IE
handles HTML. If this is an example of that mindset they have some
real problems.

Mike