firefox reads same code differently when uploaded to server

trace

hi ..i'm new to authoring and am struggling to understand why my
firefox 2.0.0.1[mac] browser reads the code correctly, off my local
files but once those same files are uploaded,and i access it
online, it reverts to the firefox default font settings i.e black
text , default font family and loses the centering etc. ..
safari and explorer read it fine, both from the local files and online
via the server..

address is
www.traciedejong.com/versailles

hoping someone can help
trace.

BootNic

trace said:
news: (e-mail address removed)
hi ..i'm new to authoring and am struggling to understand why my
firefox 2.0.0.1[mac] browser reads the code correctly, off my local
files but once those same files are uploaded,and i access it
online, it reverts to the firefox default font settings i.e black
text , default font family and loses the centering etc. ..
safari and explorer read it fine, both from the local files and online
via the server..

address is
www.traciedejong.com/versailles

hoping someone can help
trace.

FF error console:

Error: The stylesheet
http://www.traciedejong.com/versailles/versailles.rec was not
loaded because its MIME type, "text/plain", is not "text/css".
Source File: http://www.traciedejong.com/versailles/
Line: 0

--
BootNic Thursday, February 22, 2007 5:48 AM

If you can learn from hard knocks, you can also learn from soft
touches.
*Carolyn Kenmore*

trace

FF error console:

Error: The stylesheethttp://www.traciedejong.com/versailles/versailles.recwas not
loaded because its MIME type, "text/plain", is not "text/css".
Source File:http://www.traciedejong.com/versailles/
Line: 0

--
BootNic Thursday, February 22, 2007 5:48 AM

If you can learn from hard knocks, you can also learn from soft
touches.
*Carolyn Kenmore*

Thx Bootnic ..
does this mean i need to change the versailles.rec file
to a .css file or am i completely off the track ?

John Hosking

[BootNic's sig trimmed manually for trace]
Thx Bootnic ..
does this mean i need to change the versailles.rec file
to a .css file or am i completely off the track ?

Renaming to versailles.css will *probably* work because your server is
*probably* already configured to serve .css files as text/css. An
alternative method would be for you to configure your server to serve
..rec files as text/css. From the level of your page's coding I
respectfully suggest you go with the rename-to-.css method (unless
you're really keen on Apache configuration). I don't think I've ever
seen a stylesheet which used a different extension anyway.

HTH. Good Luck!

trace

[BootNic's sig trimmed manually for trace]
Thx Bootnic ..
does this mean i need to change the versailles.rec file
to a .css file or am i completely off the track ?

Renaming to versailles.css will *probably* work because your server is
*probably* already configured to serve .css files as text/css. An
alternative method would be for you to configure your server to serve
.rec files as text/css. From the level of your page's coding I
respectfully suggest you go with the rename-to-.css method (unless
you're really keen on Apache configuration). I don't think I've ever
seen a stylesheet which used a different extension anyway.

HTH. Good Luck!

yes Yes !! thank-you so much you two .. such a simple thing..and yet
the biggest headache
... and yeah ..my code level is probably the best definition of
'beginner' :)
...thank you for your time and consideration
t.