fireStateChanged() not working

Discussion in 'Java' started by IKerr., Oct 24, 2003.

  1. IKerr.

    IKerr. Guest

    Hi,

    I have a custom spinner model attached to a JSpinner. I have used this
    before in a banually built app and can attach an event handler to it and
    capture the events, but now I have made it into a bean, dropped it onto a
    form and the ide's events tab where you choose which event you want to
    listen to is blan - as though no events whatsoever are available to attach
    to.

    I have 2 classes, a main class which instantiates the custom model and binds
    itself to it. This class extends JSpinner. The second class is the spinner
    model and it has the following included in it.

    public void setValue(Object value) {
    int new_value = ((Number)value).intValue();

    if (new_value != this.currentValue) {
    this.currentValue = new_value;
    fireStateChanged();

    As I say, this is working in a manually built app, why won't the property
    sheet for events in forte display any events - what have I done wrong ? I
    have beaninfoclasses generated by forte.

    thanks

    Iain
    IKerr., Oct 24, 2003