Firing postback from pop-up form?

Ben Fidge

Hi

I want to provide a pop-up window a bit like the asp.net calendar, but when
the user selects a value, instead of poking a value straight into a textbox
on the parent page, I want to pass back a database id, and then invoke an
event or postback.

The scenario is that I need to provide the user with a pop-up search form,
and when they select a result, pass the record id back to the parent page
and do further server-side processing.

What's the best way to do this?

Many thanks

Ben

Sambathraj

Hi,
Assuming your Parent window has a button you can you like this.

//Set the selected the value in the hidden varable
//Do a post back
window.parent.__doPostBack('btnSearch','')

In server side . Get the value of hidden varaible using
Request.Form("hidden") and then process.

Regards,
Sambathraj

Ben Fidge

Thanks a lot I'll have a try