Flash menu doesn't work if the seesion is expired

Guest

We created a website for our customer to check their order status. We are
using login controls, authentication mode="Forms", SqlMembershipProvider, and
all asp.net security. User has to login when he access the website first time
and then he can click Flash menu to go to every page.

It is supposed to redirect to login page when user click the menu if the
session is expired. But now user still can click the menu to go to every
page. If we change the flash menu to text menu, it works fine. It looks like
the flash menu has different session but asp.net doesn't recognize it.

Anyone can help me to resolve this problem?

Thanks

Samuel R. Neff

What ActionScript are you using in Flash to perform the redirect? Do
you have any other communications code in the Flash app? (perhaps
something is polling the server and thus keeping the session alive).

In any case, Flash uses the browser for most communications (not for
raw sockets) and shared the same session and cookies. To verify try
installing Charles and looking at the traffic.

http://www.xk72.com/charles/

HTH,

Sam