    Flash via a CPLD's JTAG port?
    Thank you

    , Jul 13, 2006

  2. > I am not familiar with boundary scan applicatoins. Can any one tell me
    > where I can find more info on how to write an application that programs
    > Flash via a CPLD's JTAG port?
    > Thank you

    There is Universalscan (http://www.universalscan.com).

    If you're talking about a SPI flash some Xilinx AN here :
    http://www.xilinx.com/publications/xcellonline/xcell_55/xc_spi55.htm and
    http://www.xilinx.com/bvdocs/appnotes/xapp445.pdf

    You can for instance configure the CPLD using JTAG to redirect JTAG pins
    to the SPI flash pins and then use the xspi utility (considering that it
    is possible to transform JTAG pins in standard IO pins after configuration).

    Search on http://www.opencores.org too for JTAG cores.

    Guillaume.

    Guillaume Zin, Jul 19, 2006