flashing title bar

Phillip Parr

I've made a chat page using php and javascript. Which is nice. But I'd
really like the title bar to flash when a new message appears for users who
have minimised the window, like msn. Does any body know how do do this? The
only one's i've found animate the title text, which isn't what i'm going
for.

Thanks :)

Ivo

Phillip Parr said:
I've made a chat page using php and javascript. Which is nice. But I'd
really like the title bar to flash when a new message appears for users who
have minimised the window, like msn. Does any body know how do do this? The
only one's i've found animate the title text, which isn't what i'm going for.

Then you 're out of luck I 'm afraid. The window title bar colour is not
within the programmer's range. You cannot change my homepage and buttons and
icons either.

Flashing title bars are boring anyway. Some seriously interesting animations
have been realized manipulating just the title text, using ascii art
techniques. There is always room for creativity.

Phillip Parr

Thanks... I guess I could try that :)

Though i do like boring flashing bars!

Phil