Floating Exception

Jeremy

Hi,

I just changed some previously-working Python program to add a C++
extension.

Now, when I call __init__() in a Python class I did not change and with the
same arguments passed, I get the screen message 'Floating exception' and the
program seems to stop. The exact point of the crash in __init__() seems to
depend on from which directory I run the Python program.

What is wrong? And what is a floating exception?

Thanks,
Jeremy

John Machin

Jeremy said:
Hi,

I just changed some previously-working Python program to add a C++
extension.

Now, when I call __init__() in a Python class I did not change and with the
same arguments passed, I get the screen message 'Floating exception' and the
program seems to stop. The exact point of the crash in __init__() seems to
depend on from which directory I run the Python program.

What is wrong?

Could it possible be your C++ extension, do you think?
And what is a floating exception?

Do you know how to use Google? Search for "floating exception".

Fix your extension, and it'll go away.

HTH,
John