Flushing PyQt's Event Queue

ff

Hi, I am writing an app which models growth of a system over time
visually which is activated by button clicks, and when the loop
finishes running i dont want any events [mainly clicking on buttons]
that happened during the loop to be put into action since then it may
run multiple times without the user realising what they have done,

is there way to flush the event queue when the loop has finished??

ff

Chris Mellon

Hi, I am writing an app which models growth of a system over time
visually which is activated by button clicks, and when the loop
finishes running i dont want any events [mainly clicking on buttons]
that happened during the loop to be put into action since then it may
run multiple times without the user realising what they have done,

is there way to flush the event queue when the loop has finished??

This is a UI problem, not a programming problem. Instead of trying to
find a code solution to the problem, consider changing your UI so that
the actions aren't possible. For example, disable the buttons (perhaps
showing by showing a progress dialog box with a cancel button) while
the sim is running.