    the blacks against the whites, the Federation against the Borg,
    or the Democrats versus the Republicans. It's those of us who
    aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.

    Big Bill, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Big Bill

    PeterMcC Guest

    Big Bill wrote:
    > pretty please? I confess that I used to know but I lost the addy.
    > My bad!
    > Assistance gratefully received.

    I've found this to be v useful, despite its name. Gives you the #codes and
    more besides.
    http://www.opensourcepan.co.uk/programs/slugs/

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,

    PeterMcC, Jul 1, 2003

  3. Big Bill

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Big Bill <> wrote:

    >pretty please? I confess that I used to know but I lost the addy.
    >My bad!

    What? Oh you've put the entire question in the subject line.

    The 16 colour names recognised in the HTML and CSS standards do not
    include gold. http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#idx-color

    Netscape added another 140 names, and whilst many browsers support
    them they are not standard. Gold is one of these, the rgb equivalent
    is #FFD700. As these names were taken from the X11 environment a
    search for "netscape color x11" will turn up lots of charts.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Jul 1, 2003
  4. In article <>,
    says...
    > pretty please? I confess that I used to know but I lost the addy.
    > My bad!
    > Assistance gratefully received.
    >
    > BB
    > MFW Britpack www.extreme-positioning.co.uk
    > There is only one war, and it's not the rich against the poor,
    > the blacks against the whites, the Federation against the Borg,
    > or the Democrats versus the Republicans. It's those of us who
    > aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.

    Shouldn't that last sentence read:
    "It's those of us who aren't complete idiots
    against those of you who are."

    --
    Hywel Never knowingly understood
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Jul 1, 2003
  5. Big Bill

    T.J. Guest

    "Big Bill" <> wrote in message
    > pretty please? I confess that I used to know but I lost the addy.
    > My bad!
    > Assistance gratefully received.
    >
    > BB
    > MFW Britpack www.extreme-positioning.co.uk
    > There is only one war, and it's not the rich against the poor,
    > the blacks against the whites, the Federation against the Borg,
    > or the Democrats versus the Republicans. It's those of us who
    > aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.

    I use a nice little programme called 3C
    freeware from here
    http://user.tninet.se/~ddb786p/program/

    T.J., Jul 3, 2003