font color="gold" (or whatever) where's the proper html for this ("#ffffa0") type of thing?

Big Bill

pretty please? I confess that I used to know but I lost the addy.
My bad!
Assistance gratefully received.

BB
MFW Britpack www.extreme-positioning.co.uk
There is only one war, and it's not the rich against the poor,
the blacks against the whites, the Federation against the Borg,
or the Democrats versus the Republicans. It's those of us who
aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.

Steve Pugh

Big Bill said:
pretty please? I confess that I used to know but I lost the addy.
My bad!

What? Oh you've put the entire question in the subject line.

The 16 colour names recognised in the HTML and CSS standards do not
include gold. http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#idx-color

Netscape added another 140 names, and whilst many browsers support
them they are not standard. Gold is one of these, the rgb equivalent
is #FFD700. As these names were taken from the X11 environment a
search for "netscape color x11" will turn up lots of charts.

Steve

Hywel Jenkins

pretty please? I confess that I used to know but I lost the addy.
My bad!
Assistance gratefully received.

BB
MFW Britpack www.extreme-positioning.co.uk
There is only one war, and it's not the rich against the poor,
the blacks against the whites, the Federation against the Borg,
or the Democrats versus the Republicans. It's those of us who
aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.

Shouldn't that last sentence read:
"It's those of us who aren't complete idiots
against those of you who are."

T.J.

Big Bill said:
pretty please? I confess that I used to know but I lost the addy.
My bad!
Assistance gratefully received.

BB
MFW Britpack www.extreme-positioning.co.uk
There is only one war, and it's not the rich against the poor,
the blacks against the whites, the Federation against the Borg,
or the Democrats versus the Republicans. It's those of us who
aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.

I use a nice little programme called 3C
freeware from here
http://user.tninet.se/~ddb786p/program/