    the blacks against the whites, the Federation against the Borg,
    or the Democrats versus the Republicans. It's those of us who
    aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.

    Big Bill, Sep 10, 2003

  2. Big Bill

    Greg Schmidt Guest

    On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:50:02 +0100, Big Bill <>
    wrote:

    >a link from an html page I mean. I think I used to know this but I
    >forgot it.

    Did you try searching Google for "how to link to a newsgroup"? I get a
    million hits, and at least 3 of the first 10 look like they would answer
    this.

    --
    Greg Schmidt ()
    Trawna Publications (http://www.trawna.com/)

    Greg Schmidt, Sep 10, 2003

  3. Big Bill

    POKO Guest

    POKO, Sep 10, 2003
  4. Big Bill

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    POKO <> wrote:

    > > a link from an html page I mean. I think I used to know this but I
    > > forgot it.

    > <BR><center>
    > Open Your NewsReader Client

    I'd say the following is better:

    alt.comp.freeware</a>, also <a
    href="http://groups.google.com/groups?group=alt.comp.freeware"
    title="alt.comp.freeware, archived at Google">archived at Google</a>

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)

    Kris, Sep 10, 2003
  5. Big Bill

    Alan D-W Guest

    "POKO" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > a link from an html page I mean. I think I used to know this but I
    > > forgot it.

    > <BR><center>
    > Open Your NewsReader Client
    > --

    Ah right, it has to centred, bold, size 3 and black, and then you can link
    to an NG.

    Alan D-W, Sep 10, 2003
  6. "POKO" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > a link from an html page I mean. I think I used to know this but I
    > > forgot it.

    > <BR><center>
    > Open Your NewsReader Client

    UGH!
    How dare you befoul my eyes with such hideous markup!
    I feel the sudden urge to take a shower.

    --
    Karl Core

    Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.

    EightNineThree, Sep 10, 2003
  7. While the city slept, EightNineThree
    <> feverishly typed:

    > UGH!
    > How dare you befoul my eyes with such hideous markup!
    > I feel the sudden urge to take a shower.

    You are on a technical newsgroup. Please do not use the word "shower" again!
    ;-)

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss.

    "How strange the change from major to minor..."

    nice.guy.nige, Sep 11, 2003
  8. Big Bill

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Alan D-W wrote:
    > "POKO" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <BR><center>
    >> Open Your NewsReader Client

    > Ah right, it has to centred, bold, size 3 and black, and then you can
    > link to an NG.

    And it has to be done in deprecated markup, of course.

    --

    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Sep 11, 2003
  9. Big Bill

    PeterMcC Guest

    nice.guy.nige wrote:
    > While the city slept, EightNineThree
    > <> feverishly typed:
    >
    >> UGH!
    >> How dare you befoul my eyes with such hideous markup!
    >> I feel the sudden urge to take a shower.

    > You are on a technical newsgroup. Please do not use the word "shower"
    > again! ;-)

    Ah hemm... may I quote?

    "Now, make sure you wash your hands after you've finished playing with this
    internet thing. It's filthy!"

    nice.guy.nige 29 Nov 2001

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,

    PeterMcC, Sep 11, 2003
  10. Big Bill

    rf Guest

    "PeterMcC" <> wrote in message
    > nice.guy.nige wrote:
    > > While the city slept, EightNineThree
    > > <> feverishly typed:
    > >
    > >> UGH!
    > >> How dare you befoul my eyes with such hideous markup!
    > >> I feel the sudden urge to take a shower.

    > > You are on a technical newsgroup. Please do not use the word "shower"
    > > again! ;-)
    > >

    > Ah hemm... may I quote?
    >
    > "Now, make sure you wash your hands after you've finished playing with

    this
    > internet thing. It's filthy!"
    >
    > nice.guy.nige 29 Nov 2001

    ROFLMBAO. Top rebut! Abase yourself ngn :)

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Sep 11, 2003
  11. Big Bill

    Alan D-W Guest

    "PeterMcC" <> wrote in message

    > "Now, make sure you wash your hands after you've finished playing with

    this
    > internet thing. It's filthy!"

    Internet? That's not what my mother called it that awful day when I was 14.
    Alan

    Alan D-W, Sep 13, 2003
  12. While the city slept, PeterMcC <> feverishly typed:

    > nice.guy.nige wrote:
    >> While the city slept, EightNineThree
    >> <> feverishly typed:
    >>
    >>> UGH!
    >>> How dare you befoul my eyes with such hideous markup!
    >>> I feel the sudden urge to take a shower.

    >> You are on a technical newsgroup. Please do not use the word "shower"
    >> again! ;-)
    >>

    > Ah hemm... may I quote?
    >
    > "Now, make sure you wash your hands after you've finished playing
    > with this internet thing. It's filthy!"
    >
    > nice.guy.nige 29 Nov 2001

    LOL!

    Well found, though I should point out that washing your hands and showering
    are somewhat different!

    Cheers,
    Nige

    nice.guy.nige, Sep 13, 2003