Font in CSS

david.hunter

Hi Group -

Does anyone recognise this font ?
http://www.voipshield.com/images/navigation/company_overview.gif

And if so - am I able to translate the font int he image to a text
based font using CSS.

I'm making attempts to SEO this site - so I would prefer to convert all
the headline images to text.

I posted this query in a fonts forum, and they identified the font as
some Linotype or Letraset - but I wasn't able to reflect that using
CSS.

Thanks!

Brian Wakem

Hi Group -

Does anyone recognise this font ?
http://www.voipshield.com/images/navigation/company_overview.gif

And if so - am I able to translate the font int he image to a text
based font using CSS.

I'm making attempts to SEO this site - so I would prefer to convert all
the headline images to text.

I posted this query in a fonts forum, and they identified the font as
some Linotype or Letraset - but I wasn't able to reflect that using
CSS.

Thanks!

Can't help, but can I point out that the lines on the front page cut right
through the text.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/b.wakem/stuff/voipshield.png

david.hunter

Hm - Not nice!

Thank you for taking the time to post this Brian.

Can you tell me the browser and version you are using ?

Thanks very much.

Mitja Trampus

A quick search
http://www.google.com/search?num=20...icial&q=recognize+typeface+from+image&spell=1
returns
http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/
as the first match. Using that I got to "silverscreen bold",
but it's not free; I bet you can get something that's close
enough (your font seems pretty generic) and free.
I'm making attempts to SEO this site - so I would prefer to convert all
the headline images to text.

Good idea.
I posted this query in a fonts forum, and they identified the font as
some Linotype or Letraset - but I wasn't able to reflect that using
CSS.

It's not just the typeface. Experiment with font weight and
letter spacing.

Also, you must know that if you use an exotic font not many
people will see it because they don't have it installed on
their computer. You can google for embedding fonts, but make
sure you know the caveats.

Jonathan N. Little

Hi Group -

Does anyone recognise this font ?
http://www.voipshield.com/images/navigation/company_overview.gif

And if so - am I able to translate the font int he image to a text
based font using CSS.

I'm making attempts to SEO this site - so I would prefer to convert all
the headline images to text.

I posted this query in a fonts forum, and they identified the font as
some Linotype or Letraset - but I wasn't able to reflect that using
CSS.

Thanks!

Looks like an old font I remember Win95-ish 'Industria Solid', but for
web purposes this is no good because I can assure you that nearly no one
has it installed on their systems. I found it by searching my font
archive. For corporate logos with distinctive fonts images are really
your only option...(Of course some might pipe up with the WEFT option
but it not a viable option IMHO)