font size in tables

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Helmut Blass, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Helmut Blass

    Helmut Blass Guest

    Hi,
    I am having the problem that the font size tag works only on
    text autside tables. whatever font size I set, text in
    tables is not affected, even when embedding the font size
    parameter in the table-, tr- or td- tag.
    so what can I do to change the font size in tables ?

    thanx, Helmut
     
    Helmut Blass, Feb 24, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Helmut Blass

    Kris Guest

    In article <c1g26m$evh$05$-online.com>,
    Helmut Blass <> wrote:

    > I am having the problem that the font size tag works only on
    > text autside tables. whatever font size I set, text in
    > tables is not affected, even when embedding the font size
    > parameter in the table-, tr- or td- tag.
    > so what can I do to change the font size in tables ?


    There is a better way of dealing with apperance on websites. Forget
    <font> tags, use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).

    The following section in your <head>..</head> will help you get started
    with solving your problem:

    <style type="text/css">
    table {
    font-size: 100%;
    color: #ffffff;
    background-color: #222266;
    font-family: "Comic Sans", Arial, sans-serif;
    }
    </style>

    A good place to lose your CSS virginity is <http://www.westciv.com/>.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)
    <http://www.cinnamon.nl/>
     
    Kris, Feb 24, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Helmut Blass

    Steve R. Guest

    Helmut Blass wrote in message ...
    > I am having the problem that the font size tag works only on
    > text autside tables.


    Try this ...

    <html>
    <head>
    <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <center>
    <table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="80%">
    <tr>
    <td width="25%" align="center"><font size="1">tiny</font></td>
    <td width="25%" align="center"><font size="2">a bit
    bigger</font></td>
    <td width="25%" align="center"><font size="3">bigger
    still</font></td>
    <td width="25%" align="center"><font size="4">large</font></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="25%" align="center"><font size="5">larger
    still</font></td>
    <td width="25%" align="center"><font size="6">and huge</font></td>
    <td width="25%" align="center">&nbsp;</td>
    <td width="25%" align="center">&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </center>
    </body>
    </html>
     
    Steve R., Feb 24, 2004
    #3
  4. Helmut Blass

    Paul Furman Guest

    Helmut Blass wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I am having the problem that the font size tag works only on
    > text autside tables. whatever font size I set, text in
    > tables is not affected, even when embedding the font size
    > parameter in the table-, tr- or td- tag.
    > so what can I do to change the font size in tables ?



    It should work inside the <td>.
     
    Paul Furman, Feb 24, 2004
    #4
  5. Helmut Blass

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:43:45 +0100, Helmut Blass <>
    wrote:

    : even when embedding the font size
    : parameter in the table-, tr- or td- tag.


    explain ?

    Sid
     
    Sid Ismail, Feb 24, 2004
    #5
  6. Helmut Blass

    Helmut Blass Guest

    Sid Ismail wrote:
    > On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:43:45 +0100, Helmut Blass <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > : even when embedding the font size
    > : parameter in the table-, tr- or td- tag.
    >
    >
    > explain ?


    <table border="1" font size=1>

    <tr font size=1>

    <td font size=1>

    none of them works.

    Helmut
     
    Helmut Blass, Feb 25, 2004
    #6
  7. Helmut Blass

    rf Guest

    "Helmut Blass" <> wrote in message
    news:c1htvl$8ut$06$-online.com...
    > Sid Ismail wrote:
    > > On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:43:45 +0100, Helmut Blass <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > : even when embedding the font size
    > > : parameter in the table-, tr- or td- tag.
    > >
    > >
    > > explain ?

    >
    > <table border="1" font size=1>
    >
    > <tr font size=1>
    >
    > <td font size=1>
    >
    > none of them works.


    Because none of them are remotely valid HTML.

    You have your answers elsewhere in this thread.

    Cheers
    Richard.
     
    rf, Feb 25, 2004
    #7
  8. Helmut Blass

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:44:18 +0100, Helmut Blass <>
    wrote:

    : > : even when embedding the font size
    : > : parameter in the table-, tr- or td- tag.
    : >
    : >
    : > explain ?
    :
    : <table border="1" font size=1>
    :
    : <tr font size=1>
    :
    : <td font size=1>
    :
    : none of them works.


    Of course it won't. "font size=1" is not valid.

    http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?page=150
    http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Guide/
    http://tranchant.plus.com/web/html-start
    http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/
    http://www.draac.com/
    downloadable: http://hakatai.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/tut/download.html

    Sid
     
    Sid Ismail, Feb 25, 2004
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Andreas Klemt
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    11,217
    Peter Theill
    Nov 28, 2004
  2. chlori

    font size in tables

    chlori, Jul 2, 2003, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    2,517
    Arto Steiner
    Jul 4, 2003
  3. dave richards
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    629
    Paul Furman
    Feb 19, 2004
  4. wial
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    839
  5. mttc
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    2,425
    Roedy Green
    Jul 3, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page