font size in tables

Helmut Blass

Hi,
I am having the problem that the font size tag works only on
text autside tables. whatever font size I set, text in
tables is not affected, even when embedding the font size
parameter in the table-, tr- or td- tag.
so what can I do to change the font size in tables ?

thanx, Helmut

Kris

Helmut Blass said:
I am having the problem that the font size tag works only on
text autside tables. whatever font size I set, text in
tables is not affected, even when embedding the font size
parameter in the table-, tr- or td- tag.
so what can I do to change the font size in tables ?

There is a better way of dealing with apperance on websites. Forget

The following section in your <head>..</head> will help you get started
with solving your problem:

table {
font-size: 100%;
color: #ffffff;
background-color: #222266;
font-family: "Comic Sans", Arial, sans-serif;
}

A good place to lose your CSS virginity is <http://www.westciv.com/>.

Steve R.

Helmut Blass wrote in message ...
I am having the problem that the font size tag works only on
text autside tables.

Try this ...

<head>
<title></title>
</head>
<center>
bigger</font></td>
still</font></td>
still</font></td>
</center>

Paul Furman

Helmut said:
Hi,
I am having the problem that the font size tag works only on
text autside tables. whatever font size I set, text in
tables is not affected, even when embedding the font size
parameter in the table-, tr- or td- tag.
so what can I do to change the font size in tables ?

It should work inside the <td>.

Sid Ismail

: even when embedding the font size
: parameter in the table-, tr- or td- tag.

explain ?

Sid

Helmut Blass

Sid said:
: even when embedding the font size
: parameter in the table-, tr- or td- tag.

explain ?

none of them works.

Helmut

rf

Helmut Blass said:

none of them works.

Because none of them are remotely valid HTML.

You have your answers elsewhere in this thread.

Cheers
Richard.

Sid Ismail

: > : even when embedding the font size
: > : parameter in the table-, tr- or td- tag.
: >
: >
: > explain ?
:
: <table border="1" font size=1>
:
: <tr font size=1>
:
: <td font size=1>
:
: none of them works.

Of course it won't. "font size=1" is not valid.

http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?page=150
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Guide/
http://tranchant.plus.com/web/html-start
http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/