for and arrays

Bill Cunningham

But those people won't be me. I'm tired of dealing with you, Bill,
and I've decided that my sanity is worth more to me than your
amusement.

mlp

It takes a very patient man Mark to deal with me. I don't think this
"amusing" but a predestend end. I'm glad we got to question 4.

Bill

Bill Cunningham

But those people won't be me. I'm tired of dealing with you, Bill,
and I've decided that my sanity is worth more to me than your
amusement.

mlp

I should've told you at the start you would have to be an "LD" teacher.

Bill

soscpd

Hello Barry, List

You have some reason to believe this if can ever evaluate to true?

You're right. Sorry about that, I didn't test the code. Here is the
fix :

if(i==(MAX_LOOP-1))

Rafael

Keith Thompson

Default User said:
That's the Google Groups/Outlook Express tag-team nonsense. Nigel's
post from GG has the header line:

OE has a problem with that, and quotes don't come out right. An easy
way for most to fix this (short of dumping OE) is to download and
install OE Quotefix. I say easy for most, but we are talking about Bill
here.

But *most* of Bill's posts have correct quoting. If he can figure out
what he's dogin differently for the posts where it's messed up, and
stop doing that, he should be ok (I think).

Bill Cunningham

Richard said:
But 10 out of 10 for a wonderful stage act - it's bordering on the
beautiful at this stage. Listening to Santosh apologising to you had me
spilling my tea over some notes on my desk. You even managed to goad "Mr
Topic" Keith into discussing msgids and usenet posting headers!

LOL.

Classic stuff.

Go away Richard.

Default User

Keith said:
But most of Bill's posts have correct quoting. If he can figure out
what he's dogin differently for the posts where it's messed up, and
stop doing that, he should be ok (I think).

Did you actually read what I posted? It's only responses to some Google
Groups posts that have the problem. Also, Bill's not doing anything, OE
is. And more importantly, there's nothing an OE user can do about it
other than install Quotefix.

Brian

Bill Cunningham

The sherry is supposed to go in the trifle Bill, not down your gullet.

But 10 out of 10 for a wonderful stage act - it's bordering on the
beautiful at this stage. Listening to Santosh apologising to you had me
spilling my tea over some notes on my desk. You even managed to goad "Mr
Topic" Keith into discussing msgids and usenet posting headers!

LOL.

Classic stuff.

This tutorial thing was a bad idea I had a gut feeling. We've also
gotten way off topic. So get back on topic. If you don't have anything
productive to say about C or anyone I don't want to hear it.

Bill

Bill

Bill Cunningham

Similarly:

printf("%d %d %d", a, b, c);

Answer these questions concerning the above statement:

1.) How many arguments have we supplied to printf here? How did you
derive this answer?

2.) Identify the first argument. What's it called?

3.) Looking at the first argument alone, can you tell if printf will
expect further arguments? If so, how many? How did you determine this,
explain your reasoning?

1. 4
2. string literal
3. Yes 4 and they are integers.
That's just the way printf works to my knowledge.

Bill

Keith said:
Not closely enough, apparently. Sorry for adding noise.

That's ok. I'm grouchy this afternoon. It's going to be a hot weekend
here (and not in a good way).

Brian

Bill Cunningham

Bill:

I have said this at least twice before. I will say it again. Please
do not ignore it this time.

Usually, when you post here, quoted material is correctly attributed
and preceded with the usual "> " prefix. Sometimes, such as in the
article to which I'm now replying, quoted material is not visibly
distinguished from new material, which makes it difficult to figure
out who said what.

Whatever you did when you posted that followup, please *stop doing
it*.
I do this manually Keith. I have tried quote fix and it doesn't post
right. I am not ignoring you I must be messing up somehow. I really get
confused with quotes by others in quotes of others. Then there are all these
names and I don't cut any of them it that case. I am not trying to offend
anyone or make things difficult I'm just doing the best I can and it's been
doing pretty well most of the time.

Bill

Antoninus Twink

I'm grouchy this afternoon.

Fascinating.

I mean, that must really set it apart from all the other afternoons of
the year - write it down for a permanent record, on August 1st 2008
Default Loser was grouchy.
It's going to be a hot weekend here (and not in a good way).

Diddums.

Hint: Usenet is not your personal blog. You're so damn quick to shout
off-topic at others, and yet you insist on boring the pants off us
whining about the dull minutiae of your pathetic life.

Here's hoping your A/C breaks down for the weekend.

Keith Thompson

Bill Cunningham said:
I do this manually Keith. I have tried quote fix and it doesn't post
right. I am not ignoring you I must be messing up somehow. I really get
confused with quotes by others in quotes of others. Then there are all these
names and I don't cut any of them it that case. I am not trying to offend
anyone or make things difficult I'm just doing the best I can and it's been
doing pretty well most of the time.

As Default User pointed out, the problem seems to occur when you reply
to posts from Google Groups; it's not something you're doing.
Quotefix *should* fix the problem, but I lack any expertise on the
matter.

santosh

Bill said:
santosh wrote:

1. 4

You didn't attempt to answer the second part of question 1. I
specifically added that because you previously demonstrated that you
did not understand how multiple arguments to a function are separated.
2. string literal

Close enough. Printf actually expects the first argument to be of type
const char*, and this needn't be from a string literal. For example the
following is a perfectly fine invocation of printf:

const char *message = "hello world!\n";
printf(message);

It is equivalent to:

printf("hello world!\n");
3. Yes 4 and they are integers.

Wrong. The answer is three and the expected type is int not integer.
That's just the way printf works to my knowledge.

Your reasoning needs to be precise when programming. Guessing and
estimating won't get you anywhere for long.

santosh

Bill said:
It takes a very patient man Mark to deal with me. I don't think
this "amusing" but a predestend end.

Now if only you'd think that not learning C is also a "predestend" end
for you...

<snip>

Richard

That's ok. I'm grouchy this afternoon. It's going to be a hot weekend
here (and not in a good way).

Brian

But good to see you add some value for a change : in this case a good
laugh at you and Keith having a cat fight!

You must be more of a meddling bore than Chuck at the moment with all
your posts about how to post.

Bill Cunningham

Now if only you'd think that not learning C is also a "predestend" end
for you...

I might have to teach myself. And it might take years. But I'll learn
some kind of workable C.

Bill

Richard

Richard Heathfield said:
santosh said:

What's more, it's pretty easy to *guess* what -kr would do, isn't it? For
example, I didn't know, but I guessed, and then I looked it up, and I
discovered that my guess was correct.

Rocket science, it isn't.

No and obvious it isn't either. "kr" means nothing to people who do not
have copies of K&R under their pillow. Streuth. Do you ever stop to
listen to yourself? You're as bad as religious morons who assumes
everyone must love the same God as them.

Richard

Richard Heathfield said:
santosh said:

You're fairly new, though, right?

Hi mightyness hasn't noticed poor Santosh scrabbling around trying to
earn his stripes. He's been here for a good few years. More than enough.