for Mr Andrew Thompson re: Math.pow Question

Michael B. Williams

import java.math.*;

public class post
{

public static void main(String[] args)
{
int
term = 30,
amount = 200000,
principal = amount;

double
interest = .0575,
monthly_payment = 0,
J = 0,
N = 0,
ftemp;

J = interest / (1200);

N = 30*12;

ftemp = ( 1-(1+J) );
N = N * (-1);

System.out.println( ftemp );

// ftemp = -4.791666666670302E-5

System.out.println( N );

// N = -360.0

System.out.println( Math.pow( ftemp , N ) );

// the output is Infinity I tried hardcoding it to -360

}
}

Andrew Thompson

On 29 May 2004 20:33:50 -0700, Michael B. Williams wrote:

...Ughhh. Another post addressed to me personally..

When you do that, you are doing a disservice to the
other members of the group. It is neither your group
nor mine, and to use it for personal messages is, and
should be, discouraged.

Since it appears you have already received a response
on your original thread, i will simply 'connect' this
back to that thread *
<http://groups.google.com/groups?th=8d4db72d29fc0fa0>

* Another reason for not changing the subject
when you are replying, is that it takes the response
out of the flow of the conversation, and it is no longer
easy to connect what is being said, with everything
that came before it..