for mutual exclusion of n processes - algorithm.

ppp

Hi, I'm looking for some algorithm of mutex for n processes and I found
only Lamport's Alg. There are at least 2 more algorithms: Peterson and
Dekker. I found algorithms only for 2 processes, but I need one more
for n. If you know any other algorithms or know how to implement one of
these - I will be thankful.

greetings...

Patricia Shanahan

ppp said:
Hi, I'm looking for some algorithm of mutex for n processes and I found
only Lamport's Alg. There are at least 2 more algorithms: Peterson and
Dekker. I found algorithms only for 2 processes, but I need one more
for n. If you know any other algorithms or know how to implement one of
these - I will be thankful.

greetings...

Before looking for more algorithms, I strongly recommend studying one,
such as Peterson's, in the light of the Java memory model.

I believe you are taking algorithms that were designed with various
memory model assumptions, and just assuming they will work in Java.

Some of what you are doing may even work on a uniprocessor, though not
necessarily guaranteed to do so.

Patricia