Force GPRS Sync during Debugging. Can this be done?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by iKiLL, Jan 17, 2007.

  1. iKiLL

    iKiLL Guest

    Hi ,

    I am trying to debug a problem with a Windows Mobile Application.
    I need the PDA to Sync(I have writen the sync process myself using a web
    service) using GPRS while Debugging from the VS IDE.

    My question is: How can this be done?

    Is there some settings i need on the PDA. Could some one point me in the
    direction of an artical on this.

    i have searched Google and will continue to Search but in the mean time
    below is the details of my setup

    Info:
    C# App
    Compact framework 1.0
    OpenNetCF
    VS2003 (I also have VS2005)

    Thanks,
    ink

    iKiLL, Jan 17, 2007

  2. Hi,

    First of all, it's not good netetiquete to crosspost to so many groups.

    Secondly, I don't think you can do that. IIRC once you connect the PPC to
    the cradle it disconnect all the other networks for security reasons.

    Now, I do not see why you need to explicitely sync your app over GPRS, if
    you can sync it from the cradle the sync works fine. what you need to test
    then is the connectoin code.
    Unfortunatelly I do not see any way of doing it while debugging at the same
    time. At least I could not, I was doing the same but using a dialup
    connection , either by usiug a modem or by using the cell phone.

    Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \), Jan 17, 2007

  3. You can use the page below to debug over another type of network connection
    (WiFi, say). You'll have to carefully craft how you are connected to the
    unit via WiFi to make sure that the network traffic that you want to go over
    GPRS is really going that way, but this is your only real chance.

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms228708(VS.80).aspx

    Paul T.

    "Ignacio Machin ( .NET/ C# MVP )" <machin TA laceupsolutions.com> wrote in
    message news:O$...

    Paul G. Tobey [eMVP], Jan 17, 2007
  4. iKiLL

    iKiLL Guest

    i would like to thank you both for your input.

    ink

    iKiLL, Jan 17, 2007