    onDblClick=whatever()

    I assume i'm looking for a line like the above that i can add to the
    <input> tag - or some other suitable piece of javascript to do the job .
    Krustov, Dec 5, 2006

  2. Krustov

    naixn Guest

    Krustov wrote :
    > If you double click on a empty form box a drop down menu will appear .
    >
    > But if the form box has text content - then double clicking on the form
    > box has no effect and a drop down menu doesnt appear .
    >
    > Or at least it doesnt in IE v7 .
    >
    > A google search only really brought up the usual beginner type of form
    > tutorials .
    >
    > onDblClick=whatever()
    >
    > I assume i'm looking for a line like the above that i can add to the
    > <input> tag - or some other suitable piece of javascript to do the job .

    What you're talking about is the "auto-fill form" thingie managed by the
    browser, and not javascript.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOM_Events#Common.2FW3C_events

    The dblclick event does exists, so you can use it with
    IE : elm.attachEvent('dblclick', my_function);
    Real browser : elm.addEventListener('dblclick', my_function, false);

    --
    Naixn
    http://fma-fr.net
    naixn, Dec 5, 2006

  3. Krustov

    Krustov Guest

    <comp.lang.javascript>
    <naixn>
    <Tue, 05 Dec 2006 20:44:52 +0100>
    <4575cc3d$0$31689$>

    > > I assume i'm looking for a line like the above that i can add to the
    > > <input> tag - or some other suitable piece of javascript to do the job .

    > What you're talking about is the "auto-fill form" thingie managed by the
    > browser, and not javascript.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOM_Events#Common.2FW3C_events
    >
    > The dblclick event does exists, so you can use it with
    > IE : elm.attachEvent('dblclick', my_function);
    > Real browser : elm.addEventListener('dblclick', my_function, false);

    Thanks for the info - but i'm still having trouble with it .

    While i have reasonable php skills i havent got around to learning any
    dblclick sort of stuff yet & in this particular case i really need code
    i can just do a cut-n-paste of into the <input> tag for the double click
    drop down menu to work/appear in IE .

    --
    www.phptakeaway.co.uk
    (work in progress)