    Athmaus Guest

    i know in html you can set a "max" character limit for a form field. I was
    wondering if it is possible to set a min number of characters?

    Athmaus, Mar 17, 2005

  2. Athmaus

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?QXRobWF1cw==?= wrote on 17 mrt 2005 in

    > i know in html you can set a "max" character limit for a form field. I
    > was wondering if it is possible to set a min number of characters?

    Not with serverside ASP.
    ASP does not know about form fields, or any HTML.

    Please ask in an apporpriate NG.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Mar 17, 2005

  3. Athmaus

    Tim Guest

    Evertjan. wrote:
    >>i know in html you can set a "max" character limit for a form field. I
    >>was wondering if it is possible to set a min number of characters?

    > Not with serverside ASP.

    > Please ask in an apporpriate NG.

    ....and that would ba a Javascript NG but it is likley much more
    complicated than the solution you are looking for.

    Tim, Mar 17, 2005
  4. Athmaus

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:41:38 GMT, Tim <> wrote:

    >Evertjan. wrote:
    >>>i know in html you can set a "max" character limit for a form field. I
    >>>was wondering if it is possible to set a min number of characters?

    >> Not with serverside ASP.

    >> Please ask in an apporpriate NG.

    >...and that would ba a Javascript NG but it is likley much more
    >complicated than the solution you are looking for.

    If it has to be ASP server-side, you'd check this in your validation
    routines. If Len(InputString) < 2 Then...

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Mar 17, 2005
  5. Athmaus

    Evertjan. Guest

    Tim wrote on 17 mrt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > Evertjan. wrote:
    >>>i know in html you can set a "max" character limit for a form field. I
    >>>was wondering if it is possible to set a min number of characters?

    >> Not with serverside ASP.

    >> Please ask in an apporpriate NG.

    > ...and that would ba a Javascript NG but it is likley much more
    > complicated than the solution you are looking for.

    I am not loking for anything.

    Please do not use "you" loosely, Tim, when posting.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Mar 18, 2005