    They are graphical letters and/or numbers and random?

    I need to install one, but don't even know what to saerch on.

    thanks!

    shank, Apr 17, 2007

  2. shank wrote:
    > What are those boxes called that you see on form pages to ensure that
    > a human is filling out the form?
    >
    > They are graphical letters and/or numbers and random?
    >
    > I need to install one, but don't even know what to saerch on.
    >
    > thanks!

    captcha
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 17, 2007

  3. shank

    Guest

    On Apr 17, 4:32 pm, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <>
    wrote:
    > shank wrote:
    > > What are those boxes called that you see on form pages to ensure that
    > > a human is filling out the form?
    > > > thanks!

    > captcha

    Yep. Please see

    http://skimpygimpy.sourceforge.net

    for a discussion
    and to download a free implementation (in python with
    command line tools).

    Background Information:

    Skimpy is a tool for generating HTML visual,
    PNG visual, and WAVE audio representations for
    strings which people can understand but which
    web robots and other computer programs will
    have difficulty understanding. Skimpy is an
    example of a Captcha: an acronym for "Completely
    Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers
    and Humans Apart".

    I hope you like!
    -- Aaron Watters

    ===